From: Adam on
Hihi

Nick @ 64HDD wrote:
> > That's 0.4 alpha, I believe that to be the last pocketpc version
> > released before the site disappeared, I was checking fairly regularly
> > and nothing newer turned up...
> > If you're certain there's a 0.5 I'll look through my stuff again but
> > I'm pretty sure there wasn't -.o
>
> Thanks Adam, have downloaded and will give it a trial. As for the 0.5
> version, it was posted on PPC4ALL
> http://www.ppc4all.com/appdetail.php?id=379 but that's all I have.

Ah, okay, I stand (or rather sit) corrected -.o

I'll dig through my CDs for the other ones, they were probably archived
off some time ago -.-

--
Adam

From: Adam on
Hihi

> I can find v0.2 of this emulator for Windows CE on the internet, but
> thread archives suggest a newer version was released - I just can't
> find it or contact the author. Executables for an ARM processor would
> be great, source code better. Trying to get a C64 emulator to work on
> my HP720...

Incidentally, I've found pocketc64 (available from:
http://www.clickgamer.com/moreinfo.htm?pid=4 ) to be pretty nice, not
free but even so, not sure how well it works on the 720 but it works
nicely on my 928

1541 emulation too, both cpu level and quick

From: Nick @ 64HDD on

> I found a file by that name on eDonkey. Take a look and see if that's
> what you're looking for:
>
> http://home.c2i.net/w-479147/cb64-ipaq-0.5.zip

Thanks, that was cool finding... so where do I find:
cb64-arm-0.5.zip

Unfortunately my search skills are limited to google!

- Nick

From: Adam on
Hihi

Nick @ 64HDD wrote:
> > I found a file by that name on eDonkey. Take a look and see if that's
> > what you're looking for:
> >
> > http://home.c2i.net/w-479147/cb64-ipaq-0.5.zip
>
> Thanks, that was cool finding... so where do I find:
> cb64-arm-0.5.zip
>
> Unfortunately my search skills are limited to google!
>
> - Nick

The ipaq version was the arm version -.-

it also doesn't work well on my 928 :(

From: Nick @ 64HDD on
> > Thanks, that was cool finding... so where do I find:
> > cb64-arm-0.5.zip
> The ipaq version was the arm version -.-
> it also doesn't work well on my 928 :(

Not quite. The ipaq version is for the PPC. There was a separate stream
of builds for the HPC (SH3, MIPS, ARM) which is mentioned in the readme
file. Generally you can tweak a HPC machine to run PPC software. Though
the HP720 and IPAQ shared the same ARM processor, the graphic API are
quite different (200x320 vs 640x240). Running the wrong version mucks
up the display...