From: George Kerby on

On 7/31/10 1:05 PM, in article nso8569319pg81ohdsaoa5bt44upvf56sl(a)4ax.com,
"LOL!" <lol(a)lolololol.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 13:39:22 -0400, tony cooper
> <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 10:04:01 -0700 (PDT), MadHatter
>> <greeneggsandham00(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> I'm 99% certain that this is Martha Falls. Were you hiking in
>>> Stephens Canyon below Bench and Snow Lakes?
>
> Could be!
>

>> More like he was hiking through old copies of _National Geographic_
>> with his scanner by his side.
>
> My, what a compliment! But then I've often been approached to sell my
> photography to them. So this comes as no real surprise.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........(snore).......zzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZz
z...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....zzzzzzzzz.......(p-p-p-ph-h-h-a-a-a-r-r-rt-t-t).......
....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....(yawn)...zzzzzzzzzzz....

From: LOL! on
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 21:10:59 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 12:20:43 -0700, Paul Furman <paul-@-edgehill.net>
>wrote:

>>> What's the matter, TROLL, jealous that you weren't invited on that trek?
>>
>>No, I was just wondering, was it a newly discovered waterfall, found on
>>a 2 week wilderness trek, or the most easily viewed scenic fall on the
>>mountain as seen from the road?
>

>You have to sympathise.
>
>He takes a two week trek, suffering untold hardships, and happens to
>find a remote, unnamed, unmarked waterfall that he believes only very
>few people have ever seen. He takes a snapshot of it.
>
>Only later does he find out that he could have taken an easy afternoon
>drive and taken his snapshot from the side of the road.
>
>Don't you just *hate* it when that happens?

Not at all. First of all, there were no hardships nor suffering involved.
But you being a frightened little tender-foot must cringe every time you
have to think about walking as far as you do to your kitchen. By not
following anyone else's ways I have thousands of other photos from that
area that nobody has ever taken, of things they've never seen, nor will
ever see.

See how that works?

LOL!!!!!!!!

From: Peter on
"LOL!" <lol(a)lolololol.org> wrote in message

> I have thousands of other photos from that
> area that nobody has ever taken, of things they've never seen, nor will
> ever see.

We agree, "nobody has ever taken,"
We know. but we think they do exist in your mind.

--
Peter

From: Bruce on
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 15:21:42 -0500, LOL! <lol(a)lolololol.org> wrote:

>On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 21:10:59 +0100, Bruce <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>You have to sympathise.
>>
>>He takes a two week trek, suffering untold hardships, and happens to
>>find a remote, unnamed, unmarked waterfall that he believes only very
>>few people have ever seen. He takes a snapshot of it.
>>
>>Only later does he find out that he could have taken an easy afternoon
>>drive and taken his snapshot from the side of the road.
>>
>>Don't you just *hate* it when that happens?
>>

>Not at all. First of all, there were no hardships nor suffering involved.
>But you being a frightened little tender-foot must cringe every time you
>have to think about walking as far as you do to your kitchen. By not
>following anyone else's ways I have thousands of other photos from that
>area that nobody has ever taken, of things they've never seen, nor will
>ever see.

How does "not following anyone else's ways" equate to your snapshot
having precisely the same perspective as the shot from the roadside?

>See how that works?

Yes, I do believe I see *exactly* how that works. ;-)

From: George Kerby on

On 7/31/10 2:20 PM, in article
bO6dnbKm_t0J6snRnZ2dnUVZ_i2dnZ2d(a)giganews.com, "Paul Furman"
<paul-@-edgehill.net> wrote:

>>> http://www.aaronswaterfallworld.com/marthafalls.htm
>>> "Martha Falls is one of the best falls in Mt. Rainier that can be easily
>>> viewed. ...the view from the side of the road is pretty nice by
>>> itself."
>>> Note that the photo shows nearly identical framing.
>>
>> What's the matter, TROLL, jealous that you weren't invited on that trek?
>
> No, I was just wondering, was it a newly discovered waterfall, found on
> a 2 week wilderness trek, or the most easily viewed scenic fall on the
> mountain as seen from the road?

Or scanned from a calendar print?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5