From: AspenD on
I have been trying fruitlessly to install Authorware Web Player on my Mac and
it will not work. It looks like it installs successfully (it gives me the
little "installation successful" window) and it appears in my plugins folder
but it won't work! Safari and Firefox can't see it. When I make them list
their installed plugins, neither see authorware and I can never get adobe's
'test authorware' thing to work. I am guessing there is a problem with the
installation (several other of my mac using colleagues have been having the
same issue and none of us can make it work) but don't know how to fix it. Any
help would be most appreciated as this is getting really frustrating.

From: Amy Blankenship on

"AspenD" <webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote in message
>I have been trying fruitlessly to install Authorware Web Player on my Mac
>and
> it will not work. It looks like it installs successfully (it gives me the
> little "installation successful" window) and it appears in my plugins
> folder
> but it won't work! Safari and Firefox can't see it. When I make them
> list
> their installed plugins, neither see authorware and I can never get
> adobe's
> 'test authorware' thing to work. I am guessing there is a problem with
> the
> installation (several other of my mac using colleagues have been having
> the
> same issue and none of us can make it work) but don't know how to fix it.
> Any
> help would be most appreciated as this is getting really frustrating.

I think maybe you have to go into os9 compatibility mode. Or use VirtualPC
or similar.

From: AspenD on
So much for having an OS X compatible version....
From: Mike Baker **Adobe Community Expert** on
There is an OS X compatible version for Authorware 7. Prior versions of the
player could not be retroactively updated when OS X was released. I think I
read in one of the newsgroups that after the release of OS X another release
made it incompatible. I'm not familiar with all the different versions of OS
X so I'm not sure where the line was or what features stopped working. In
fact I can't find the post that I was thinking of, so I'm not sure that it
doesn't work. Anyway the OS X version of the player for Authorware 7 can be
found here...

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/#ap

HTH,
====================
Mike Baker
Adobe Community Expert
mike-baker at cox dot net

From: Erik L. **Community Expert** on
I know I've had no problems delivering Mac/OS X apps under 10.3.x (Panther).
I don't recall if I've tested those under 10.4.x (Tiger).
I definitely haven't tried 10.5.x (Leopard?).
And since those tests were a while ago (about 2 years) it could more be
the browser updates that are causing problems more than the OS version.

Since A'ware is EOD'd, unlikely any such issues - browser or OS - will
be fixed.

Best I can suggest is to research why either Safari or FF may have
trouble recognizing/registering/loading any web player and see if those
issues/workarounds can be applied to the Authorware web player.
Erik

--
Erik Lord
http://www.capemedia.net