From: authorhelp on
:confused; I've worked a little in Authorware 7 and would like to save a file
for mac CD play back or maybe web playback. The only instructions I have found
from the site is very confusing and incomplete as what to do and how to do it.
Any help would really be appreciated.

From: Erik L. **Community Expert** on
1. Publish the Authorware project withOUT runtime (as .a7r) from the PC.
2. Get that published file and any other external assets, but not the PC
Xtras/u32s, to the Mac.
3. Download and install the Mac Packager:
http://www.adobe.com/products/authorware/productinfo/macplayer/
to the Mac. Don't download to the PC and move to the Mac if you can help
it as that sometimes destroys the package (but not always?).
4. Install the Mac Packager and launch it.
5. Select the few options and convert the .a7r file you moved to the Mac
from the PC.
6. If they are not copied over from the Mac Packager folder to your
project folder automatically, ensure the MacromediaRuntimeLib and some
other similar file with 'Carbon' in the name to the root of the project
folder (same folder as the converted .a7r, which I think will have a
..pkg extension).

Run it and see if it works!
Erik

--
Erik Lord
http://www.capemedia.net
From: gantek on
I have a document on my site that may help:
www.gantekmultimedia.dom/download.htm

Scroll down to the tips and tricks section and download "Mac Packaging Bits
and Bites.zip". Hope that helps...

Steve Gannon
GanTek Multimedia
steve at gantekmultimedia dot com

From: authorhelp on
Hey, Thanks for the help. I tried to download the Mac Packager for but the link
on Adobe site must be broken. I was able to download the player. Any
suggestions on where to get the version 7 packager for mac?

From: gantek on
Hmmm....looks like Adobe may have pulled it off their site. I can't find it. The packager used to be here:

http://www.macromedia.com/software/authorware/productinfo/macplayer/form/