From: Krister_L on
On 17 Maj, 15:20, Cliff <Clhuprichguessw...(a)aoltmovetheperiodc.om>
wrote:
> On Sun, 16 May 2010 20:47:07 -0700 (PDT), Krister_L
>

> <krister_landkv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> Hi Krister,
>
> >> Thanks for that. I'll try making the subassembly rigid and see if that
> >> helps.
>
> >> You'd think that flexible subassemblies would be something they'd have
> >> gotten dorted out properly by now wouldn't you?!!? :)
>
> >> George.
>
> >George
>
> >For sure, YES, but I see that every time I open an old assembly in a
> >new version the tree goes red so I'm not surprised.
>
> >// Krister
>
>   I don't want to explain ....
> --
> Cliff- Dölj citerad text -
>
> - Visa citerad text -

No worries, Huppe, we understand

// Krister
From: Cliff on
On Mon, 17 May 2010 09:37:00 -0700 (PDT), Krister_L
<krister_landkvist(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>> � I don't want to explain ....
>> --
>> Cliff- D�lj citerad text -
>>
>> - Visa citerad text -
>
>No worries, Huppe, we understand

If you think about it instead of just whining ...

HTH
--
Cliff
From: tnik on
On 5/16/2010 8:55 PM, Esprit wrote:
> On May 16, 12:52 am, Krister_L<krister_landkv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi George
>>
>> I experianced something similar and finaly traced it down to a
>> subassembly a few levels down which was set to flexible.
>> Seems like SW2010 doesn't like flexible subassys in the same way 2009
>> did.
>>
>> // Krister
>
> Hi Krister,
>
> Thanks for that. I'll try making the subassembly rigid and see if that
> helps.
>
> You'd think that flexible subassemblies would be something they'd have
> gotten dorted out properly by now wouldn't you?!!? :)
>
> George.

Just came across this myself.. Running SW2k9, I opened an assy, made one
of my rigid subs flexible, forgot to change it back, saved it and closed
it.. opened it a few days later and 'KAAPOWW' everything was broken.

Glad I still watch the group.. I would have went nutty trying to figure
out what was wrong.. lol
From: Cliff on
On Wed, 26 May 2010 05:29:27 -0700 (PDT), Krister_L

>> >More or less Yes, it sure could be. Documentation sais; Dont save
>> >assemblies with flexible subassemblies inside. Sometimes we forget
>> >about that, done it myself a number of times.
>>
>> � Fair enough. NOT SW's fault then, eh?
>
>Never said it was SW's fault, never said it was anyones fault. Said
>You most likely have a problem if You save flexible subassemblies
>within a main assembly in SolidWorks.
>
>// Krister

The subject line said "corrupt".

What did SW say?
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Wed, 26 May 2010 10:23:33 -0400, Cliff
<Clhuprichguesswhat(a)aoltmovetheperiodc.om> wrote:

>>> � Fair enough. NOT SW's fault then, eh?
>>
>>Never said it was SW's fault, never said it was anyones fault. Said
>>You most likely have a problem if You save flexible subassemblies
>>within a main assembly in SolidWorks.
>>
>>// Krister
>
> The subject line said "corrupt".
>
> What did SW say?