From: Esprit on
Hi All,

I'm having a REAL head scratcher here at the moment.

We're working with a bunch of large assemblies here at the moment on
our network and I'm having a problem on my workstation whereby when I
open one particular assembly it opens with a bunch of mate errors. If
I rebuild a bunch more pop up, but if I then RELOAD the assembly they
go away and the assembly builds fine.

The thing is that when I come to shut down SolidWorks, SLDWRKS.EXE
won't shut down and needs to be shut down from the task manager.

The odd thing is that this assembly opens, rebuilds, behaves and saves
fine on every other workstation in the office.

Colleagues of mine are having trouble with other assemblies that open
and build fine on my machine but not on theirs.

It's almost like there's some kind of local copy or outdated version
being held in memory or cache somewhere that's being dragged up when
it's loaded but disappears when it's reloaded. I don't think it's a
SolidWorks setting as it's occurring across multiple workstations with
different assemblies.

Right now this is pretty much crippling our design effort on a project
as there are a bunch of assemblies which are now extremely fragile or
unusable, and we're also reluctant to release designs for manufacture
when assemblies might not be building correctly.

I've tried everything I can think of to solve it, including creating
local copies of the assemblies, moving the entire master assembly to a
new folder or location and nothing seems to work.

Running SW2010 SP3.0 and also all other earlier service packs and the
problem is consistent across all.

Anyone got ANYTHING I can try to alleviate it?

Thanks,

George.
From: Krister_L on
Hi George

I experianced something similar and finaly traced it down to a
subassembly a few levels down which was set to flexible.
Seems like SW2010 doesn't like flexible subassys in the same way 2009
did.

// Krister
From: Esprit on
On May 16, 12:52 am, Krister_L <krister_landkv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi George
>
> I experianced something similar and finaly traced it down to a
> subassembly a few levels down which was set to flexible.
> Seems like SW2010 doesn't like flexible subassys in the same way 2009
> did.
>
> // Krister

Hi Krister,

Thanks for that. I'll try making the subassembly rigid and see if that
helps.

You'd think that flexible subassemblies would be something they'd have
gotten dorted out properly by now wouldn't you?!!? :)

George.
From: Krister_L on
On 17 Maj, 02:55, Esprit <george.madde...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 16, 12:52 am, Krister_L <krister_landkv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi George
>
> > I experianced something similar and finaly traced it down to a
> > subassembly a few levels down which was set to flexible.
> > Seems like SW2010 doesn't like flexible subassys in the same way 2009
> > did.
>
> > // Krister
>
> Hi Krister,
>
> Thanks for that. I'll try making the subassembly rigid and see if that
> helps.
>
> You'd think that flexible subassemblies would be something they'd have
> gotten dorted out properly by now wouldn't you?!!? :)
>
> George.

George

For sure, YES, but I see that every time I open an old assembly in a
new version the tree goes red so I'm not surprised.

// Krister
From: Cliff on
On Sun, 16 May 2010 20:47:07 -0700 (PDT), Krister_L
<krister_landkvist(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 17 Maj, 02:55, Esprit <george.madde...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> On May 16, 12:52�am, Krister_L <krister_landkv...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi George
>>
>> > I experianced something similar and finaly traced it down to a
>> > subassembly a few levels down which was set to flexible.
>> > Seems like SW2010 doesn't like flexible subassys in the same way 2009
>> > did.
>>
>> > // Krister
>>
>> Hi Krister,
>>
>> Thanks for that. I'll try making the subassembly rigid and see if that
>> helps.
>>
>> You'd think that flexible subassemblies would be something they'd have
>> gotten dorted out properly by now wouldn't you?!!? :)
>>
>> George.
>
>George
>
>For sure, YES, but I see that every time I open an old assembly in a
>new version the tree goes red so I'm not surprised.
>
>// Krister

I don't want to explain ....
--
Cliff