From: Sue Morton on
Plugged in but everything else is disconnected? IME "it depends". I've
used almost exclusively ASUS mobos in the last 15+ years. Several models
I've owned won't do more than glow the 'power supplied' LED on the mobo
unless other conditions are met, these are documented in the manuals for the
mobo when they exist. The machine I'm on right now is one of them, the mobo
won't go into BIOS unless there is a recognized CPU on the mobo and one SATA
disk attached. There is an alternate mode that doesn't require a disk, but
it is only intended to check the onboard LAN and WiFi ports for correct
functioning and not go to POST.
--
Sue Morton

"reqluq" <scredcropshonnospam(a)hotmail.com> wrote in message
> But he should be able to get into the bios no?
> req
> "Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote in message
>> Yes I know... but if "everything is disconnected" it simply *can't* boot
>> LOL So I can't really judge from the words in some internet post...
>> have to make some leaps.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Where's EZPlayer Pro?