From: Jeff The Drunk on
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 21:24:49 +0000, Brent wrote:

> In a Toyota forum I write up automotive repair DIYs under lousy lighting
> conditions (like many people do).
>
> Only I use a good camera (Nikon D5000) and good back lighting to augment
> the camera flash.
>
> It's cheap. I buy 200 watt bulbs from ACE Hardware and put it in an
> aluminum light fixture with clamps so I can secure the light. I change
> the directdion of light constantly so a stand wouldn't work.
>
> Problem is, I bust a bulb almost every time. When these bulbs are hot,
> they break the filament if you drop or move the light suddenly.
>
> Is there a better high lumens bulb that is sturdier than the "regular"
> 200W bulbs from ACE?

Have a look here

:http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/474580-REG/Westcott_501_PB500_Photo_Basics_Backlight.html
From: George Kerby on

On 8/2/10 6:27 PM, in article
96f1b5dc-1fcf-4cd3-9b7d-24fd4d396c08(a)f42g2000yqn.googlegroups.com, "Rich"
<rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 2, 5:24�pm, Brent <beemdoub...(a)Use-Author-Supplied-
> Address.invalid> wrote:
>> In a Toyota forum I write up automotive repair DIYs under lousy lighting
>> conditions (like many people do).
>>
>> Only I use a good camera (Nikon D5000) and good back lighting to augment
>> the camera flash.
>>
>> It's cheap. I buy 200 watt bulbs from ACE Hardware and put it in an
>> aluminum light fixture with clamps so I can secure the light. I change the
>> directdion of light constantly so a stand wouldn't work.
>>
>> Problem is, I bust a bulb almost every time. When these bulbs are hot, they
>> break the filament if you drop or move the light suddenly.
>>
>> Is there a better high lumens bulb that is sturdier than the "regular" 200W
>> bulbs from ACE?
>
> Enjoy them while you can, before the envirokooks ban incandescents.

Some of your friends, Rich? Ask Tim the Tool Man...

From: Al Dykes on
In article <pan.2010.08.02.21.44.04(a)BoozersandLoozers.only>,
Jeff The Drunk <jeff(a)the-bar.drinking> wrote:
>On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 21:24:49 +0000, Brent wrote:
>
>> In a Toyota forum I write up automotive repair DIYs under lousy lighting
>> conditions (like many people do).
>>
>> Only I use a good camera (Nikon D5000) and good back lighting to augment
>> the camera flash.
>>
>> It's cheap. I buy 200 watt bulbs from ACE Hardware and put it in an
>> aluminum light fixture with clamps so I can secure the light. I change
>> the directdion of light constantly so a stand wouldn't work.
>>
>> Problem is, I bust a bulb almost every time. When these bulbs are hot,
>> they break the filament if you drop or move the light suddenly.
>>
>> Is there a better high lumens bulb that is sturdier than the "regular"
>> 200W bulbs from ACE?
>
>Have a look here
>
>:http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/474580-REG/Westcott_501_PB500_Photo_Basics_Backlight.html

Note that some of those bulbs have operating hour ratings measured in
single-digit hours.

Has anyone tried halogrn worklights?

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xqd/R-202071325/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
--