From: redrumloa on
On Jun 27, 6:33 am, Robert Roland <f...(a)ddress.no> wrote:
> On Sat, 26 Jun 2010 20:40:10 -0400, Andreas Kohlbach
>
> <a...(a)spamfence.net> wrote:
> >What games did you finish? And how long did it take?
>
> My favorite is Impossible Mission. I was really pleased when I managed
> that. Later, I even finished it without dying once.
>
> I also remember finishing Trollie Wallie, Raid Over Moscow and Action
> Biker.
> --
> RoRo

That jogs my memory a bit. I don't remember how they end, but I know I
beat Beach Head 1 & 2.
From: J. B. Wood on
On 06/26/2010 08:40 PM, Andreas Kohlbach wrote:
> What games did you finish? And how long did it take?

None, because I was too busy trying to figure out how the games were
coded or how I could make "legal" backup copies. For some reason the
pong-like C-64 cart "Pinball Spectacular" that required paddles occupied
a lot of my play time. Although few paddle games were produced, I
seemed to prefer them to the joystick ones.
--
John Wood (Code 5520) e-mail: wood(a)itd.nrl.navy.mil
Naval Research Laboratory
From: Leif Bloomquist on
"Andreas Kohlbach" <ank(a)spamfence.net> wrote in message

> What games did you finish? And how long did it take?

It didn't have an "end", but I mastered Skate or Die, particularly the
Downhill event (I can't even remember the name). I could do it at top speed
the entire way, thus getting the 'perfect' score each time.

I also got a near-perfect score in Pitfall II on a couple of occasions.

From: David Murray on
You know.. I had to stop and think about it, but I don't recall ever
actually completing any games on the C64. I think I came close with
Ultima V on my C128 and I think I came close with International
Karate. But games like pacman, space invaders, q-bert, frogger,
tetris, atomino, etc, never even got close to winning the games.
Then again.. I vaguely recall possibly winning Pitfall II.
From: Sean Huxter on
Raid Over Bungelling Bay, and Beachhead.

Sean.

"Andreas Kohlbach" <ank(a)spamfence.net> wrote in message
>I hope this is not off topic here.
>
> Back in the "good days" when I was a late teen/early twen in the mid 80s
> a friend and me spent endless hours playing some catching games. Games we
> knew they had an end, and wouldn't repeat endlessly (like Pacman, which
> would crash in the arcade version at some point due to a counter overflow
> and improper handling of that).
>
> There are at least two games we spent days to finish it. We were probably
> not good players as others might have done this in hours.
>
> One was Pharaoh's Curse. Luckily here you received a password for a
> completed level so you could pick up at the start of a new level.
>
> The other was Bruce Lee. That not only crashed at a certain level. You
> also had to start from the scratch if you lost all lives. That was a
> really hard one.
>
> The friend also claimed he finished Elite without cheating. I only made
> it to Commander while playing on the C64 back then. I tried it again
> (without cheating, as there were cheats available I think) in 2000. But
> after some days I accidentally overwrote the save file, so I gave up.
>
> What games did you finish? And how long did it take?
> --
> Andreas

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5