From: Ben Myers on
On 8/2/2010 7:02 PM, Jeff wrote:
> On 8/1/2010 7:42 AM, John wrote:
>> On Sun, 01 Aug 2010 03:01:31 -0400, Tony Harding
>> <tharding(a)newsguy.com> wrote:

>> XPS 420 64 bit 6 gig ram
>> Dimension 4700 2 gig
>> Dimension 8300 3 gig
>> Dimension 9150 3 gig
>> Dimension E521 2 gig
>> Optiplex 520 2 gig
>> Optiplex 170 2 gig no win 7 video driver
>> Had to use XP driver in compatabilty mode
>
> I installed it on a Dimension 4600 but with my Radeon 7500 video card it
> really looked lousy so I uninstalled. I would like to put it back but
> can anyone suggest a good AGP video card to handle it. Thanks

The Radeon 7500 is pretty old, pretty weak and probably limited to
either 32MB or 64MB of memory.

A video card with at least 256MB is what it probably wants. nVidia and
ATI chips both populate 256MB video cards. nVidia's are made by all
kinds of companies, some well know, some not. ATI cards are both
branded and OEM, like Diamond.

You should be able to score a used nVidia or ATI 256MB card for chump
change these days, as the world has definitely moved on from AGP 8x to
PCI-Express... Ben Myers
From: Jeff on

>> I installed it on a Dimension 4600 but with my Radeon 7500 video card it
>> really looked lousy so I uninstalled. I would like to put it back but
>> can anyone suggest a good AGP video card to handle it. Thanks
>>

> The Radeon 7500 is pretty old, pretty weak and probably limited to
> either 32MB or 64MB of memory.
>
> A video card with at least 256MB is what it probably wants. nVidia and
> ATI chips both populate 256MB video cards. nVidia's are made by all
> kinds of companies, some well know, some not. ATI cards are both branded
> and OEM, like Diamond.
>
> You should be able to score a used nVidia or ATI 256MB card for chump
> change these days, as the world has definitely moved on from AGP 8x to
> PCI-Express... Ben Myers

Thanks how about drivers that was a big problem and maybe the main one
with my card. I couldn't get win 7 tried vista but it never looked
sharp always blurry.

From: w7pro on

Hank Arnold;1235609 Wrote:
> I've installed it successfully on:
>
> Dimension E520 (32 & 64 bit
> Optiplex 780 (64 bit pre-installed).
>

> Regards,
> Hank Arnold
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Server - Directory Services
> http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/personal-pc-assistant/
>
> On 8/1/2010 3:01 AM, Tony Harding wrote:
> > On 07/01/10 22:52, Christopher Muto wrote:
> >> i have successfully installed windows 7 on the following machines:
> >> -latitude d505 laptop with 2gb ram, 40gb hard disk. display drive
> was
> >> difficult to install. touchpad driver (only necessary if you want
> >> disable tap to click) is somewhat incompatible with windows 7 and
> so
> >> must close error message each time windows 7 starts (but disabling
> tap
> >> to click does work with this driver despite the nuisance message).
> >> -dimension 2400 desktop 1.5gb ram
> >> -dimension 4700 desktop 1.5gb ram
> >> -dimension 8300 desktop 1.5gb ram
> >> -inspiron 531 desktop 2gb ram
> >> what others can we add to the list along with specific problems
> >> encountered and solutions?
> >
> > Installed Win 7 Pro on an XPS410 (to make it compatible with my new
> > XPS9000). No problems with the install and the 410 ran great.
> >
> > About to try Win7 Pro on my R61 Lenovo ThinkPad.

It's great to read all your experiences with installing Windows 7
Professional. You can learn more about what it can do for you at
http://bit.ly/W7Pro, which has case studies, videos, a �test drive,�
feature descriptions, and more. Or check out the video at
http://bit.ly/Win7ProProductivity. You can also follow us on
http://bit.ly/Win7ProSocialMedia to find out what people are saying
about Windows 7 Professional, enter contests, and read success stories.
Hope this helps. Andrea H. Windows 7 Professional Outreach Team

From: Daddy on
On 8/8/2010 2:09 AM, w7pro wrote:
> Hank Arnold;1235609 Wrote:
>> I've installed it successfully on:
>>
>> Dimension E520 (32& 64 bit
>> Optiplex 780 (64 bit pre-installed).
>>

>> Regards,
>> Hank Arnold
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Server - Directory Services
>> http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/personal-pc-assistant/

>> was
>> so
>> tap
>>>
>>> Installed Win 7 Pro on an XPS410 (to make it compatible with my new
>>> XPS9000). No problems with the install and the 410 ran great.
>>>
>>> About to try Win7 Pro on my R61 Lenovo ThinkPad.
>
> It's great to read all your experiences with installing Windows 7
> Professional. You can learn more about what it can do for you at
> http://bit.ly/W7Pro, which has case studies, videos, a �test drive,�
> feature descriptions, and more. Or check out the video at
> http://bit.ly/Win7ProProductivity. You can also follow us on
> http://bit.ly/Win7ProSocialMedia to find out what people are saying
> about Windows 7 Professional, enter contests, and read success stories.
> Hope this helps. Andrea H. Windows 7 Professional Outreach Team

Ah yes, it's the return of the so-called Outreach Team, originally known
as the IE 8 Outreach Team, and posting from a variety of e-mail domains,
including Vistaheads and Invalid, and under different names. One hopes
that their Windows 7 Professional advice is better than their IE 8 advice.

Neither the IE 8 Outreach Team nor the new Windows 7 Professional
Outreach Team are affiliated with Microsoft. It's just somebody else
trying to attract attention to their website. Caveat emptor.

--
Daddy
From: Timothy Daniels on
"Daddy" cautioned:
> w7pro wrote:
>> It's great to read all your experiences with installing Windows 7
>> Professional. You can learn more about what it can do for you at
>> http://bit.ly/W7Pro, which has case studies, videos, a �test drive,�
>> feature descriptions, and more. Or check out the video at
>> http://bit.ly/Win7ProProductivity. You can also follow us on
>> http://bit.ly/Win7ProSocialMedia to find out what people are saying
>> about Windows 7 Professional, enter contests, and read success stories.
>> Hope this helps. Andrea H. Windows 7 Professional Outreach Team
>>

> Ah yes, it's the return of the so-called Outreach Team, originally known as the IE 8 Outreach Team, and posting from a
> variety of e-mail domains, including Vistaheads and Invalid, and under different names. One hopes that their Windows 7
> Professional advice is better than their IE 8 advice.
>
> Neither the IE 8 Outreach Team nor the new Windows 7 Professional Outreach Team are affiliated with Microsoft. It's
> just somebody else trying to attract attention to their website. Caveat emptor.
>
> --
> Daddy

:-) I *wondered* why the domain extension was "ly", i.e. Libya.
I wouldn't even click on one of those URLs. Camel fleas....

*TimDaniels*