From: Christopher Muto on
i have successfully installed windows 7 on the following machines:
-latitude d505 laptop with 2gb ram, 40gb hard disk. display drive was
difficult to install. touchpad driver (only necessary if you want to
disable tap to click) is somewhat incompatible with windows 7 and so
must close error message each time windows 7 starts (but disabling tap
to click does work with this driver despite the nuisance message).
-dimension 2400 desktop 1.5gb ram
-dimension 4700 desktop 1.5gb ram
-dimension 8300 desktop 1.5gb ram
-inspiron 531 desktop 2gb ram
what others can we add to the list along with specific problems
encountered and solutions?
From: Mark Opolo on

"Christopher Muto" <muto(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>i have successfully installed windows 7 on the following machines:
> -latitude d505 laptop with 2gb ram, 40gb hard disk. display drive was
> difficult to install. touchpad driver (only necessary if you want to
> disable tap to click) is somewhat incompatible with windows 7 and so must
> close error message each time windows 7 starts (but disabling tap to click
> does work with this driver despite the nuisance message).
> -dimension 2400 desktop 1.5gb ram
> -dimension 4700 desktop 1.5gb ram
> -dimension 8300 desktop 1.5gb ram
> -inspiron 531 desktop 2gb ram
> what others can we add to the list along with specific problems
> encountered and solutions?

a Precision M60 with no problems. It joined my wireless network immediately

From: Daddy on
On 7/2/2010 12:43 AM, Mark Opolo wrote:
> "Christopher Muto"<muto(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>> i have successfully installed windows 7 on the following machines:
>> -latitude d505 laptop with 2gb ram, 40gb hard disk. display drive was
>> difficult to install. touchpad driver (only necessary if you want to
>> disable tap to click) is somewhat incompatible with windows 7 and so must
>> close error message each time windows 7 starts (but disabling tap to click
>> does work with this driver despite the nuisance message).
>> -dimension 2400 desktop 1.5gb ram
>> -dimension 4700 desktop 1.5gb ram
>> -dimension 8300 desktop 1.5gb ram
>> -inspiron 531 desktop 2gb ram
>> what others can we add to the list along with specific problems
>> encountered and solutions?
>
> a Precision M60 with no problems. It joined my wireless network immediately

....a Dimension 4500 (ca. 2002) with a P4-2.26 GHz processor, 1 GB of RAM
and a mediocre 256MB video card...dual-booted with Windows XP. The
install was effortless and Windows 7 (Enterprise) actually ran faster
than Windows XP on the same hardware (and with the same software.)

In fact, my current Studio XPS 8100 (ca. 2010) with Windows 7
(Professional) doesn't run any faster. Evidentally, most of my processor
cores were sitting around with nothing to do, as was most of my RAM.

Then I heard about virtual machines...
--
Daddy
From: pacca on
win 7 home premium 64 bit on dell xps 420

From: Joe M on
Installed Win 7 Home Premium 32 bit upgrade on the following...
Dimension 5150 desktop, 2gb ram, no issues
Optiplex GX620 tower, 1gb ram, no issues.
Inspiron 6000 laptop, 1.3 CeleronM, 1gb, required vendor driver for
touchpad.