From: Howard S Shubs on
In article <michelle-6D0B9A.11463127072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> In 2010: All-in-one Macintosh with 8G RAM, 27' color monitor, 2 TB hard
> drive, DVD drive, 2.93 GHz quad core i7 processor, built-in video and still
> camera and microphone, audio and video in and out jacks, stereo speakers
> one firewire port, four USB ports, SDXC slot, built-in WiFi and Bluetooth,
> one 1-gigabit ethernet port, keyboard and mouse, but no recording media.
> iLife software and a slew of utilities and Unix software. (2010 equivalent
> price is $2550.)
>
> Any omissions are purely inadvertent.

That's amazing, Michelle. From a 9" monitor to a 27' monitor! What
kinda rez do you get on that 27' monitor, and how do you get it through
the door?

--
May all your good dreams and fine wishes come true! - The Wizard
May joy be yours all the days of your life! - Phina
From: Tom Stiller on
In article <i2na84$4c2$2(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Tim Okergit <to(a)notme.com> wrote:

> On 07/27/2010 02:46 PM, Michelle Steiner wrote:
> > In 1984: All-in-one Macintosh with 128K RAM, 9" monochromatic monitor, 1
> > 400K floppy drive, 8 MHz 60000 singe core processor, two serial ports, one
> > dedicated mouse port, one dedicated floppy-drive port, keyboard, mouse, one
> > speaker that beeps and a box of ten 3.5" Apple-branded floppy disks.
> > MacWrite and MacPaint software. (2010 equivalent price is $5,354.71
> > .)
> >
> > In 2010: All-in-one Macintosh with 8G RAM, 27' color monitor, 2 TB hard
> > drive, DVD drive, 2.93 GHz quad core i7 processor, built-in video and still
> > camera and microphone, audio and video in and out jacks, stereo speakers
> > one firewire port, four USB ports, SDXC slot, built-in WiFi and Bluetooth,
> > one 1-gigabit ethernet port, keyboard and mouse, but no recording media.
> > iLife software and a slew of utilities and Unix software. (2010 equivalent
> > price is $2550.)
>
> You should see what half this price can get you in the PC world!

Infected.

--
Tom Stiller

PGP fingerprint = 5108 DDB2 9761 EDE5 E7E3 7BDA 71ED 6496 99C0 C7CF
From: Ed H. on
In article <michelle-6D0B9A.11463127072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> In 1984: All-in-one Macintosh with 128K RAM, 9" monochromatic monitor, 1
> 400K floppy drive, 8 MHz 60000 singe core processor, two serial ports, one
> dedicated mouse port, one dedicated floppy-drive port, keyboard, mouse, one
> speaker that beeps and a box of ten 3.5" Apple-branded floppy disks.
> MacWrite and MacPaint software. (2010 equivalent price is $5,354.71
> .)

Motorola 68K?

--
Ed H.
From: Howard S Shubs on
In article <michelle-90CBBA.14015327072010(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Michelle Steiner <michelle(a)michelle.org> wrote:

> In article <howard-02E817.16502727072010(a)82-136-209-74.ip.telfort.nl>,
> Howard S Shubs <howard(a)shubs.net> wrote:
>
> > That's amazing, Michelle. From a 9" monitor to a 27' monitor! What
> > kinda rez do you get on that 27' monitor, and how do you get it through
> > the door?
>
> It's amazing what too light a pressure on a shift key will do, isn't it.
> It acts like a 12X multiplier.

Nice. I wish I could do that in real life.

From: Steven Fisher on
In article <i2na84$4c2$2(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
Tim Okergit <to(a)notme.com> wrote:

> You should see what half this price can get you in the PC world!

Half the money, and a computer I'd never use?

Burning the cash for heat in the winter would be slightly more useful.

Steve
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: 12 core Mac Pro
Next: Apple betting the farm on Light Peak?