From: Albert on
XP is becoming sluggish but before I wipe my entire hard disk I wish
to do a backup of files I can't afford to lose.

I've gone through My Documents, OpenOfficePortable and Program files.
I neither have Office nor movies nor pictures. Have I missed anything?

TIA, Albert
From: Nil on
On 30 Mar 2010, Albert <albert.xtheunknown0(a)gmail.com> wrote in
alt.windows-xp:

> XP is becoming sluggish but before I wipe my entire hard disk I
> wish to do a backup of files I can't afford to lose.
>
> I've gone through My Documents, OpenOfficePortable and Program
> files. I neither have Office nor movies nor pictures. Have I
> missed anything?

How on earth could we know what files you "can't afford to lose"?

Do a full search of the disk if you think you might have missed
something.
From: Jim on
On Tue, 30 Mar 2010 01:10:47 -0700 (PDT), Albert
<albert.xtheunknown0(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>XP is becoming sluggish but before I wipe my entire hard disk I wish
>to do a backup of files I can't afford to lose.
>
>I've gone through My Documents, OpenOfficePortable and Program files.
>I neither have Office nor movies nor pictures. Have I missed anything?
>
>TIA, Albert

What backup program ?
From: Albert on
Nil wrote:
> Albert wrote:
>
> > XP is becoming sluggish but before I wipe my entire hard disk I
> > wish to do a backup of files I can't afford to lose.
>
> > I've gone through My Documents, OpenOfficePortable and Program
> > files. I neither have Office nor movies nor pictures. Have I
> > missed anything?
>
> How on earth could we know what files you "can't afford to lose"?

I was just hoping for a list of locations that I should have a look
at.
From: Albert on
Jim wrote:
> What backup program ?