From: Peter Olcott on

"r norman" <r_s_norman(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:22:23 -0600, "Peter Olcott"
> <NoSpam(a)OCR4Screen.com> wrote:
>

>>"Hector Santos" <sant9442(a)nospam.gmail.com> wrote in
>>message

>>> What response time you mean, total or initial contact?
>>
>>Total response time must at least average < 500 ms for the
>>specific application that I have in mind. It looks like
>>with
>>only two packets of input and one packet of output this
>>might be feasible for US customers with servers also in
>>the
>>US.
>>

>>> When you talk of an application like a web service
>>> (presumably TCP based), I don't think you can guarantee
>>> any consistency for response time. However, it is
>>> reasonable to use an service-defined initial contact
>>> response time before considering it as a timeout.
>>>
>>> This might be defined by whether your client is a sync
>>> or
>>> async, In general, 25-35 seconds is the default timeout
>>> for a socket. When async, you have better control of the
>>> initial contact.
>>>
>>> You also didn't mention if there is size involvement in
>>> the timing.
>>>
>>> In principle, it isn't that the internet is slow, but
>>> there are many factors that can make it unreliable. But
>>> there is throttling that can be done too by the network
>>> provider.
>>>
>>> Reading your other input, at best, all you can do is set
>>> limit perhaps on the initial contact time, if that
>>> concerns you. There is no way you would be able to get a
>>> persistent and consistent response time you are looking
>>> for. 500ms should be reasonable for the data size you
>>> are
>>> talking about. But how it is used is to define a
>>> timeout
>>> only. You can't control that a RTT (Round Trip Time)
>>> will
>>> be 500ms. Too many factors between end points.
>>>

> You are forgetting that I connect through a dial-up modem
> at 1200
> baud!
>
> A round trip time of 500 ms is not reasonable for all
> users.

Targeted at B2B , (Business to Business) Only. Non B2B users
won't require fast response rates.

From: Hector Santos on
Peter Olcott wrote:

>> You are forgetting that I connect through a dial-up modem
>> at 1200 baud!

> Targeted at B2B , (Business to Business) Only. Non B2B users
> won't require fast response rates.

Half my customers are B2B and their users still use modems because
that is still the most secured way to communication.

--
HLS
From: Peter Olcott on

> Peter Olcott wrote:
>
>> "Hector Santos" <sant9442(a)nospam.gmail.com> wrote in
>> message news:OUGJ$UMtKHA.5976(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

>>> Come on. I'm sure you haven't invented anything novel
>>> that hasn't been in place for 30+ years. Do you
>>> honestly think you are the first with fast internet
>>> transaction needs. Come on Peter.
>>>

>> My technology is the only technology in the world that
>> can consistently recognize character glyphs at 96 DPI
>> screen resolutions with 100% accuracy. I already have a
>> patent on this.
>
> Well, the devil is in the details. Whats your patent #?
> Does it cover Europe and Asia?

Direct Link to the patent:
http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=7046848.PN.&OS=PN/7046848&RS=PN/7046848

I only covered the US because the US consumes 1/2 the
world's software, and patents for the other half of the
world would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. See also
www.OCR4Screen.com

From: Peter Olcott on

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-bool.html&r=0&f=S&l=50&TERM1=olcott&FIELD1=INNM&co1=AND&TERM2=peter&FIELD2=INNM&d=PTXT

From: Peter Olcott on

> Peter Olcott wrote:
>
>>> You are forgetting that I connect through a dial-up
>>> modem at 1200 baud!
>
>> Targeted at B2B , (Business to Business) Only. Non B2B
>> users won't require fast response rates.
>
> Half my customers are B2B and their users still use modems
> because that is still the most secured way to
> communication.
>
> --
> HLS

The one specific application of my technology that I was
evaluating here may not be feasible for these clients.