Prev: SATA 3
Next: Nagios plugins
From: EOS on
arnold wrote:

> http://opensuse-community.org/Restricted_Formats/11.3

he runs 11.1 ;-)
so --> http://opensuse-community.org/Restricted_Formats/11.1

or direct link for GNOME desktop users
http://opensuse-community.org/codecs-gnome.ymp
--
EOS
www.photo-memories.be
Running KDE 4.4.4 / openSUSE 11.3
From: Ulick Magee on
Ron Gibson wrote:
> I'm using this primarily to have a Gnome desktop in order to use DVD::Rip.

You don't need to use Gnome to use dvd::rip (or any Gnome application)

> I also had a terrible time with Cups. I did an
> "upgrade" and still, albeit my HP5440 was recognized, the test print
> failed miserably.

Is hplip installed? It should recognise your printer automatically.

According to here:
http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/supported_devices/combined.html

the 5440 is fully supported under hplip

--

Ulick Magee

Free software and free formats for free information for free people.
Open Office for Windows/OSX/Linux: http://www.openoffice.org
openSUSE Linux: http://en.opensuse.org
From: Ron Gibson on
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 20:15:49 +0200, EOS wrote:

> arnold wrote:
>
>> http://opensuse-community.org/Restricted_Formats/11.3
>

> he runs 11.1 ;-)
> so --> http://opensuse-community.org/Restricted_Formats/11.1
>
> or direct link for GNOME desktop users
> http://opensuse-community.org/codecs-gnome.ymp

The above links fails as the repository for libdvdcss is dead, inactive
for version 11.1.

I will try again but you should warn people running 11.1 to disable the
libdvdcss repository.
From: Ron Gibson on
On Sat, 07 Aug 2010 17:19:17 +0200, EOS wrote:

> Ron Gibson wrote:

>>> http://opensuse-community.org/codecs-gnome.ymp

>> I believe I've tried this one but I can't be sure. I'll put it on my
>> "To Try" list and give it a whirl again.

> bottom line of "codecs-gnome.ymp" is: not using libxine1, but gstreamer
> ;-)

Appreciate the attempt but after that Totem still does not work and it
partially broke my other MMedia tools.

Fortunately I have a good backup.

From: EOS on
Ron Gibson wrote:

> The above links fails as the repository for libdvdcss is dead, inactive
> for version 11.1.

libdvdccs for 11.1 can be found here, add this repositorie ;-)

http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/SuSE/11.1
--
EOS
www.photo-memories.be