From: Helpful person on
On Dec 9, 11:58 am, Ib <I...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Ron.
>
> Thanks for your good advise. Maybe I will try to install Frontpage and make
> the "repair" of Office. Maybe...
>
> Well, yes and no, I have looked at little bit on Expression Web, not much.. I
> will try it out. I have downloaded the "Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
> Edition" for some days ago. It's more easy to use, but still not very good
> for "dummies" and miss some of the goood features from Frontpage. I have to
> admit, that Dreamweaver looks more easy ond logical. But I will try out the
> Exp. Web.
>
> /Ib
>

> "Ronx" wrote:
> > Have you looked at Expression Web as an alternative:
> >http://www.microsoft.com/expression
>
> > There is no need to un-install Office 2007 :
>
> > Open Word 2007
> > Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options,
> > Click Resources, and then next to run Microsoft Office Diagnostics,
> > click Diagnose.
>
> > If you install FP2003 *after* Office 2007 some Office 2007 tools and
> > common components may be overwritten by the Office 2003 components.
> > Repairing (*not* re-installing) Office 2007 should rectify this
> > potential problem  -it's why the programs should be installed in the
> > order they are retailed.
>
> > --
> > Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression)
> > Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread.
>
> >http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp
>
> > "Ib" <I...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > > Okay I see, when I have the latest Vista Business SP1, this issue should be
> > > solved about the fetures inside Frontpage, but I have install it in the right
> > > order. After installing Office 2007. Then I have to uninstall the whole
> > > Office with my e-amil and so on ...
>
> > > What I don't understand is, why Frontpage is workning on the old Win XP PC,
> > > where the install of Fronpage was made AFTER installing Office 2007?
>
> > > Am I understanding it correct, that I have to run af "repair" of Office
> > > 2007, if I install Frontpage on my Vista PC, AFTER Office 2007 is installed?
> > > The "Office Repair"? I'm not in the mood to uninstall Office and I'm not
> > > happy to "repair" anything which work 100% today.
>
> > > The Sharepoint Designer is too much to me, but the Dreamweaver from Adobe
> > > looks more for "dummies" like me. Maybe that's the way out of the problem.
>
> > > I can't have an Win XP PC in the future only for Frontpage  ....  :o)
>
> > > /Ib

Instead of learning a new program, with all its quirks, why not
program directly in HTML and CSS? It's no more difficult.
From: Ronx on
The Visual Web 2008 Express Edition uses the Expression Web design pane,
and is really aimed at web programmers, not web designers.

From: Ib on
Hi.

Of course you're right, but I do not make or change websites so often. Then
I'm sure I forget how to do ... :o)

/Ib

From: Ib on
Ron.

Now I have installed Frontpage 2003 and did the "repair" from Office 2007.
Frontpage worked fine, until the first Micsoft Update. The Frontpage tells me
every time I start it, that it is stopped workeing an shuts down the
pgrogram. The second time I start Frontpage, I can start in a so called SAFE
MODE, and then Frontpage starts up, with som features disablet, I can see.

I can see in the Microsoft update, that there is made an Office 2003 update
for Frontpage. Is this the problem?

Do I removed this update?

/Ib

From: Ib on
Hi Ron - again :o)

Just for your information - and others:

I recovered the system and hide the Microsoft Office 2003 update, and Vista
will no more prompt me for that update. I made the normal update ther were at
that time.

Everything seems okay now, and I can use the Frontpage 2003. Yes!

/Ib