From: Ib on
Hi there.

I have got a new PC with Vista Business and Office 2007. I want to use my
old Frontpage 2003, and before installing Frontpage, I have read here and
there, that it is a problem to install and use Frontpage together with Office
2007 + Vista.

What problem can I expect?

I have used Frontpage + Office 2007 + Win XP SP2, together with no problems.

Thanks in advance.

/Ib
From: Ronx on
The only problem I know of is the Hyperlink dialogue crashes FrontPage -
this is cured by installing Vista SP1.

The programs have to be installed in chronological order - FrontPage
2003 first, then Office 2007. This applies to Windows XP as well. If
installed the other way round, then Office may have to be repaired.
--
Ron Symonds - Microsoft MVP (Expression)

http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp

From: Ib on
Okay I see, when I have the latest Vista Business SP1, this issue should be
solved about the fetures inside Frontpage, but I have install it in the right
order. After installing Office 2007. Then I have to uninstall the whole
Office with my e-amil and so on ...

What I don't understand is, why Frontpage is workning on the old Win XP PC,
where the install of Fronpage was made AFTER installing Office 2007?

Am I understanding it correct, that I have to run af "repair" of Office
2007, if I install Frontpage on my Vista PC, AFTER Office 2007 is installed?
The "Office Repair"? I'm not in the mood to uninstall Office and I'm not
happy to "repair" anything which work 100% today.

The Sharepoint Designer is too much to me, but the Dreamweaver from Adobe
looks more for "dummies" like me. Maybe that's the way out of the problem.

I can't have an Win XP PC in the future only for Frontpage .... :o)

/Ib

From: Ronx on
Have you looked at Expression Web as an alternative:
http://www.microsoft.com/expression

There is no need to un-install Office 2007 :

Open Word 2007
Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options,
Click Resources, and then next to run Microsoft Office Diagnostics,
click Diagnose.

If you install FP2003 *after* Office 2007 some Office 2007 tools and
common components may be overwritten by the Office 2003 components.
Repairing (*not* re-installing) Office 2007 should rectify this
potential problem -it's why the programs should be installed in the
order they are retailed.

From: Ib on
Hi Ron.

Thanks for your good advise. Maybe I will try to install Frontpage and make
the "repair" of Office. Maybe...

Well, yes and no, I have looked at little bit on Expression Web, not much. I
will try it out. I have downloaded the "Visual Web Developer 2008 Express
Edition" for some days ago. It's more easy to use, but still not very good
for "dummies" and miss some of the goood features from Frontpage. I have to
admit, that Dreamweaver looks more easy ond logical. But I will try out the
Exp. Web.

/Ib