From: Arno on
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage ZalekBloom(a)hotmail.com wrote:
> Hello,

> I decided to replace HD in my laptop. It is HP Pavilion DV2000. I need
> some kind of adapter to connect it to my desktop (my desktop have SATA
> and IDE drives) to clone the old HD to a new one.
> It says my disk is SATA Serial - but I see it is not regular SATA
> adapter.
> Here are pictures of my HD:
> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.com/PC-problems/HP-test1.jpg
> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.com/PC-problems/HP-test3.jpg
> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.com/PC-problems/HP-test4.jpg

> Any idea what kind adapter do I need?

Looks very much like there is an adapter still on the disk and
that the disk is a standard 2.5" SATA disk that needs no adapter
at all. Remove the aluminum base plate and the plastic adapter
on the disk's connector. The power connector (broad) will
connect directly to a standard SATA power connector. The data
connector (slim) will connect directly to an SATA data cable.

Arno
--
Arno Wagner, Dr. sc. techn., Dipl. Inform., CISSP -- Email: arno(a)wagner.name
----
From: kony on
On 17 Jan 2010 18:30:44 GMT, Arno <me(a)privacy.net> wrote:

>In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage ZalekBloom(a)hotmail.com wrote:
>> Hello,
>
>> I decided to replace HD in my laptop. It is HP Pavilion DV2000. I need
>> some kind of adapter to connect it to my desktop (my desktop have SATA
>> and IDE drives) to clone the old HD to a new one.
>> It says my disk is SATA Serial - but I see it is not regular SATA
>> adapter.
>> Here are pictures of my HD:
>> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.com/PC-problems/HP-test1.jpg
>> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.com/PC-problems/HP-test3.jpg
>> http://www.evkosystems.kgbinternet.com/PC-problems/HP-test4.jpg
>
>> Any idea what kind adapter do I need?
>
>Looks very much like there is an adapter still on the disk and
>that the disk is a standard 2.5" SATA disk that needs no adapter
>at all. Remove the aluminum base plate and the plastic adapter
>on the disk's connector. The power connector (broad) will
>connect directly to a standard SATA power connector. The data
>connector (slim) will connect directly to an SATA data cable.
>
>Arno

BINGO!

Yes, there is still an adapter plugged into the back of the
driv that needs to be removed, is only used in compatible
laptops that need it.