From: Vincent Collura on
Werner:

This is the one I was referring to:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/05/hp-slate-to-cost-549-have-1-6ghz-atom-z53
0-5-hour-battery/

It looks like they are competing with the iPAD with capacitive display.

Vincent

From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on
Most Wacom pen-based tablets use radio to get the actual position and are,
consequently, as good as a mouse. It's "only" the touchscreen (for being
operated with bare hands) that sucks with resistive models. (There are very
few exceptions; for example, the initial HP tablet model, the resistive-
only TC1000.) That is, I don't think the Courier will be a quantum leap in
writing recognition / preciseness when compared to an even old tablet with
pen input - if you need input precisity (sp?) and finger input isn't
important (then, go for a model with an additional capacitive screen), any
existing Wacom-based tablet will do.

From: Vincent Collura on
Report: Microsoft cancels two-screen tablet

Courier had never been publicly announced or acknowledged as MS product

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36857111/ns/technology_and_science-tech_and_gadg
ets/

From: Sven on
And rumor has it HP has killed the Slate as well.

From: Stefan Braunstein on
> And rumor has it HP has killed the Slate as well.

but only, to develop a WebOS based tablet instead of a Windows (mobile)
based.

--
Stefan Braunstein
www.braunstein.de