From: M Skabialka on
The "leaked" prototype simulation last year showed it was much better than
the i-Pad, but it seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. If
it's as good as it seemed, I want one!

From: Vincent Collura on
HP is coming out with a Windows 7 tablet
For Specs/Leaks - Google "hp slate"

Vincent Collura
(Inventor/Engineer)

http://www.CeBeans.com
Did you get your beans Today?

From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on
BTW, HP has several (at least unofficially - I've been using W7 on my
TC1100 for more than a year) W7-compliant tablets already on the market,
including slates (not just convertible ones) like the TC1100.

Some of these models are low-end ones like the tx1000/ TX2000.
Unfortunately, most (all?) previous HP models only had a resistive
touchscreen with all the associated problems - they don't come close to the
iPad or to a decent capacitive touchscreen-enabled tablet at all.

Also see http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/hewlett-packard/

From: M Skabialka on
The HP touchscreen doesn't come close to being able to write/transcribe on
the screen compared to what it looks as though the Courier will do. I loved
my Windows Mobile 2003 PDA and hate the Windows Mobile 6.1 phone I replaced
it with. My only complaint about the Courier will be the weight; over a
pound, but it's only the size of a paperback book.
Release date 2011 early maybe???

From: Beverly Howard on
I've been spoiled by winmobile even considering the walls that ms has
erected.

imho, the ipad (and the iphone/itouch) are fads as opposed to
solutions... a few things about those three to consider when comparing

no (native) file transfer options other than your sync computer
no sync file types are severely limited
no file system access
no memory slot
no connector other than the proprietary apple sync connector
no usb port on the ipad
no bluetooth i/o options
no bluetooth device options beyond headsets (no bt kb, etc)
no text wrap options when browsing
no pdf text wrap options
no flash
no animated gifs
no open application options

And the above is related primarily to winmobile devices... at about the
same time that the referenced device was being press released, think it
was lenovo who was teasing a tech trade show's attendees with a
similarly sized laptop tablet where the screen detached entirely for use
as a full windows slate computer... thats what I have been waiting for ;-)

Beverly Howard