From: Arny Krueger on
"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message

> On 08/07/2010 18:02, bob u wrote:
>> http://www.impomag.com/scripts/ShowPR.asp?RID=14675&CommonCount=0

> I love that line "That can mean alot when you're in the
> jungle or the desert" Really? there are powerlines in
> the jungle?

Depends on which jungle or desert you are talking about.

Most military combat does not happen in totally uncivilized areas. It takes
a certain minimal population density to have a ready source of combatants in
sufficient number to have an interesting conflict...

From: Ron on
On 16/07/2010 08:31, Arny Krueger wrote:
> "Ron"<ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message
>
>> On 08/07/2010 18:02, bob u wrote:
>>> http://www.impomag.com/scripts/ShowPR.asp?RID=14675&CommonCount=0
>
>> I love that line "That can mean alot when you're in the
>> jungle or the desert" Really? there are powerlines in
>> the jungle?
>
> Depends on which jungle or desert you are talking about.
>
> Most military combat does not happen in totally uncivilized areas. It takes
> a certain minimal population density to have a ready source of combatants in
> sufficient number to have an interesting conflict...

'interesting conflict'

Interesting choice of words there.

Ron

From: Arkansan Raider on
Ron wrote:
> On 16/07/2010 08:31, Arny Krueger wrote:
>> "Ron"<ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message

>>> I love that line "That can mean alot when you're in the
>>> jungle or the desert" Really? there are powerlines in
>>> the jungle?
>>
>> Depends on which jungle or desert you are talking about.
>>
>> Most military combat does not happen in totally uncivilized areas. It
>> takes
>> a certain minimal population density to have a ready source of
>> combatants in
>> sufficient number to have an interesting conflict...
>>

> 'interesting conflict'
>
> Interesting choice of words there.
>
> Ron

Always remember the Chinese curse/proverb:

"May you live in interesting times."

---Jeff

From: Arny Krueger on
"Arkansan Raider" <yomama(a)yomama.com> wrote in message
> Ron wrote:
>> On 16/07/2010 08:31, Arny Krueger wrote:
>>> "Ron"<ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote in message

>>> Depends on which jungle or desert you are talking about.
>>>
>>> Most military combat does not happen in totally
>>> uncivilized areas. It takes
>>> a certain minimal population density to have a ready
>>> source of combatants in
>>> sufficient number to have an interesting conflict...
>>>

>> 'interesting conflict'
>>
>> Interesting choice of words there.
>>
>> Ron
>
> Always remember the Chinese curse/proverb:
>
> "May you live in interesting times."
>
> ---Jeff

Been there, done that.

From: PeterD on
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 10:25:03 -0400, "Arny Krueger" <arnyk(a)hotpop.com>
wrote:

>"Arkansan Raider" <yomama(a)yomama.com> wrote in message
>> Ron wrote:

>>> 'interesting conflict'
>>>
>>> Interesting choice of words there.
>>>
>>> Ron
>>
>> Always remember the Chinese curse/proverb:
>>
>> "May you live in interesting times."
>>
>> ---Jeff
>
>Been there, done that.

And it was interesting, too...