From: nandan21 on
Most of the Engineers prefer to sit in centre of the audience to mix a
live performance, but a few prefer to sit off-centre. Sitting in
centre does not give correct idea of your mix as bass frequencies sum
up at that position, points tech papers and writings. What are your
reasoned preferences?
From: Rupert on
On Jul 7, 10:34 am, nandan21 <nanda...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> Most of the Engineers prefer to sit in centre of the audience to mix a
> live performance, but a few prefer to sit off-centre. Sitting in
> centre does not give correct idea of your mix as bass frequencies sum
> up at that position, points tech papers and writings. What are your
> reasoned preferences?

It's really room dependent. I generally prefer at ground/audience
level, slightly off center to avoid the power alley if the subs are
split on each side of the stage. And I like to be far enough back from
the stage to hear what good chunk of people are hearing distance wise.
However, nothing substitutes for getting out from behind the mix
position and walking the venue so you know where the problems are and
what people are hearing.

Rupert
From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"nandan21" <nandan21(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Most of the Engineers prefer to sit in centre of the audience to mix a
> live performance, but a few prefer to sit off-centre. Sitting in
> centre does not give correct idea of your mix as bass frequencies sum
> up at that position, points tech papers and writings. What are your
> reasoned preferences?

it makes no diffrence to me
I am as happy behind or next to the stage as I am out front
what ever works for the event

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 08/07/2010 13:58, in article
7fidnaRrQLvjIKjRnZ2dnUVZ_uudnZ2d(a)earthlink.com, "George's Pro Sound Co."
<bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> "nandan21" <nandan21(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Most of the Engineers prefer to sit in centre of the audience to mix a
>> live performance, but a few prefer to sit off-centre. Sitting in
>> centre does not give correct idea of your mix as bass frequencies sum
>> up at that position, points tech papers and writings. What are your
>> reasoned preferences?
>
> it makes no diffrence to me
> I am as happy behind or next to the stage as I am out front
> what ever works for the event

You are really claiming to be able to mix a concert from behind the stage?

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: George's Pro Sound Co. on

"Joe Kotroczo" <kotroczo(a)mac.com> wrote in message
> On 08/07/2010 13:58, in article
> 7fidnaRrQLvjIKjRnZ2dnUVZ_uudnZ2d(a)earthlink.com, "George's Pro Sound Co."
> <bmoas(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> "nandan21" <nandan21(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Most of the Engineers prefer to sit in centre of the audience to mix a
>>> live performance, but a few prefer to sit off-centre. Sitting in
>>> centre does not give correct idea of your mix as bass frequencies sum
>>> up at that position, points tech papers and writings. What are your
>>> reasoned preferences?
>>
>> it makes no diffrence to me
>> I am as happy behind or next to the stage as I am out front
>> what ever works for the event
>
> You are really claiming to be able to mix a concert from behind the stage?

if that is what is BEST for the event iot is what I would do
have you ever been to a concert where mixing behind the stage was BEST FOR
THE EVENT?
please read what I write
I am happy to mix where ever is BEST FOR THE EVENT
I do not insist on being front center at industrial trade shows
JOE "BEST FOR THE EVENT"
need I say it again
if front center is BEST FOR THE EVENT, I am happy to mix there
if not I am just as happy to mix else where