From: bob u on
http://www.impomag.com/scripts/ShowPR.asp?RID=14675&CommonCount=0

From: Ron on
On 08/07/2010 18:02, bob u wrote:
> http://www.impomag.com/scripts/ShowPR.asp?RID=14675&CommonCount=0

I love that line "That can mean alot when you're in the jungle or the
desert" Really? there are powerlines in the jungle?

Ron(UK)

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 08/07/2010 19:10, in article LoidnZTMPbMKm6vRnZ2dnUVZ8j2dnZ2d(a)bt.com,
"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote:

> On 08/07/2010 18:02, bob u wrote:
>> http://www.impomag.com/scripts/ShowPR.asp?RID=14675&CommonCount=0
>>
> I love that line "That can mean alot when you're in the jungle or the
> desert" Really? there are powerlines in the jungle?

Even more ridiculous: they assume everywhere in the world there are
transformers on poles. Or even poles. Around here, all the power lines,
anything below 20.000 V anyway, is underground.

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com

From: Ron on
On 09/07/2010 08:46, Joe Kotroczo wrote:
> On 08/07/2010 19:10, in article LoidnZTMPbMKm6vRnZ2dnUVZ8j2dnZ2d(a)bt.com,
> "Ron"<ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote:
>
>> On 08/07/2010 18:02, bob u wrote:
>>> http://www.impomag.com/scripts/ShowPR.asp?RID=14675&CommonCount=0
>>>
>> I love that line "That can mean alot when you're in the jungle or the
>> desert" Really? there are powerlines in the jungle?
>
> Even more ridiculous: they assume everywhere in the world there are
> transformers on poles. Or even poles. Around here, all the power lines,
> anything below 20.000 V anyway, is underground.

I can't see that device making a decent connection to a cable which has
been out in the weather for a few years and covered in corrosion anyway.
They should just do what they do in places like India, where it's common
to steal power from overhead lines. They shin up the pole with a pair of
jump leads with big croc clips on the ends.

From: Joe Kotroczo on
On 09/07/2010 09:55, in article ouGdnXx7DfyQS6vRnZ2dnUVZ8ludnZ2d(a)bt.com,
"Ron" <ron(a)lunevalleyaudio.com> wrote:

> On 09/07/2010 08:46, Joe Kotroczo wrote:
>> On 08/07/2010 19:10, in article LoidnZTMPbMKm6vRnZ2dnUVZ8j2dnZ2d(a)bt.com,

>>> I love that line "That can mean alot when you're in the jungle or the
>>> desert" Really? there are powerlines in the jungle?
>>
>> Even more ridiculous: they assume everywhere in the world there are
>> transformers on poles. Or even poles. Around here, all the power lines,
>> anything below 20.000 V anyway, is underground.
>>

> I can't see that device making a decent connection to a cable which has
> been out in the weather for a few years and covered in corrosion anyway.
> They should just do what they do in places like India, where it's common
> to steal power from overhead lines. They shin up the pole with a pair of
> jump leads with big croc clips on the ends.

Yes, that's weird too, they seem to assume that you can use the steel wire
that is there to hold it up in the air as a neutral?

And what if there is no steel wire? You can get cable that does not need the
steel wire to hold it up...

--
Joe Kotroczo kotroczo(a)mac.com