From: GregS on
I can't find the camera here, yet it seems to view everything ??

http://www.fullscreen360.com/st-helens.htm

From: GregS on
In article <i17ohv$26u$1(a)usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu>, zekfrivo(a)zekfrivolous.com (GregS) wrote:
>I can't find the camera here, yet it seems to view everything ??
>
>http://www.fullscreen360.com/st-helens.htm

It does look like somebody walked in a circle.
Then filled in shot ??

From: Savageduck on
On 2010-07-09 11:14:33 -0700, zekfrivo(a)zekfrivolous.com (GregS) said:

> In article <i17ohv$26u$1(a)usenet01.srv.cis.pitt.edu>,
> zekfrivo(a)zekfrivolous.com (GregS) wrote:
>> I can't find the camera here, yet it seems to view everything ??
>>
>> http://www.fullscreen360.com/st-helens.htm
>>

> It does look like somebody walked in a circle.
> Then filled in shot ??

I think your answer might lie here;
http://www.gigapansystems.com/
http://www.gigapan.org/
--
Regards,

Savageduck

From: Mark Sieving on
On Jul 9, 1:09 pm, zekfr...(a)zekfrivolous.com (GregS) wrote:
> I can't find the camera here, yet it seems to view everything ??
>
> http://www.fullscreen360.com/st-helens.htm

I'm not sure what the question is. The camera was clearly mounted on
the edge of the crater, and pivoted through 360 degrees. Unless
someone was holding up a mirror, the camera can't photograph itself.

The technique would be to take a series of overlapping frames, and
then stitch them together.
From: GregS on
In article <d9ee2a91-2b3d-4c9f-8ea5-d24f3a5fda93(a)y11g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>, Mark Sieving <mark_sieving(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
>On Jul 9, 1:09=A0pm, zekfr...(a)zekfrivolous.com (GregS) wrote:
>> I can't find the camera here, yet it seems to view everything ??
>>
>> http://www.fullscreen360.com/st-helens.htm
>
>I'm not sure what the question is. The camera was clearly mounted on
>the edge of the crater, and pivoted through 360 degrees. Unless
>someone was holding up a mirror, the camera can't photograph itself.
>
>The technique would be to take a series of overlapping frames, and
>then stitch them together.

You did not go full up and down. From what i gather many frames were shot to get shots.
Ther is NO view of the picture left untaken. Aparently the camera was moved and
then more fill in shots were stitched together. It as if the camera is floating
in mid air. Nothing below it, nothing above it.

greg