From: MoiMoi on
In article <4770135a$0$13894$607ed4bc(a)cv.net>, raykosXXX(a)optonline.net
says...
> Virus Guy wrote:
> > Ray K wrote:
> >
> >> I want to d/l a couple just to see how well my AV program is in
> >> detecting them.
> >
> > Here's a random selection:
> >
> > http://rapidshare.com/files/78792390/video.exe.html
> > http://rapidshare.com/files/78793364/web.jpg.html
> > http://rapidshare.com/files/78793583/cancel_order.exe.html
> > http://rapidshare.com/files/78794055/osamebinladenphoto.jpg.zip.html
> > http://rapidshare.com/files/78794411/Zoeken.exe.html
> >
> > Disable your AV software when downloading them, then tell your AV
> > program to scan them individually.
>
> I downloaded the binaladenphoto file with the AV program active. It did
> not detect a problem during download. But when it scanned the file
> individually, it detected a problem and quarantined the file. This was
> an eye-opening experience for me. Now I understand the need for full
> system scans every so often.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ray

Whatever that file is, wouldn't your AV have prevented it from running
when you activated it?

MM
From: Ray K on
MoiMoi wrote:
> In article <4770135a$0$13894$607ed4bc(a)cv.net>, raykosXXX(a)optonline.net
> says...
>> Virus Guy wrote:

>>> Here's a random selection:
>>>
>>> http://rapidshare.com/files/78792390/video.exe.html
>>> http://rapidshare.com/files/78793364/web.jpg.html
>>> http://rapidshare.com/files/78793583/cancel_order.exe.html
>>> http://rapidshare.com/files/78794055/osamebinladenphoto.jpg.zip.html
>>> http://rapidshare.com/files/78794411/Zoeken.exe.html
>>>
>>> Disable your AV software when downloading them, then tell your AV
>>> program to scan them individually.
>> I downloaded the binaladenphoto file with the AV program active. It did
>> not detect a problem during download. But when it scanned the file
>> individually, it detected a problem and quarantined the file. This was
>> an eye-opening experience for me. Now I understand the need for full
>> system scans every so often.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ray
>
> Whatever that file is, wouldn't your AV have prevented it from running
> when you activated it?
> So, yeah, twice a year, like I said :-)
>
> MM
I don't know, and I'm not going to try.

Ray
From: kurt wismer on
Virus Guy wrote:
> Ray K wrote:
>
>> I want to d/l a couple just to see how well my AV program is in
>> detecting them.
>
> Here's a random selection:

[snip malware urls]

> Disable your AV software when downloading them, then tell your AV
> program to scan them individually.

it's generally frowned upon to post working links to malware here...

--
"it's not the right time to be sober
now the idiots have taken over
From: kurt wismer on
Ray K wrote:
> I want to d/l a couple just to see how well my AV program is in
> detecting them. I'm not saying which program I'm using because I'm not
> looking for comments on how good or bad it is.

please don't troll for malware here... it encourages the uncontrolled
distribution of malware and that enables people to spread it maliciously...

if you must test your scanner to make sure it's operating properly, use
the eicar standard anti-malware test file...
(http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm)

From: Virus Guy on
kurt wismer wrote:

> it's generally frowned upon to post working links to malware here.

1) he was asking for it.

2) you have to perform several clicks and enter a captcha code before
the file is presented to you, so it's not likely to be downloaded by
accidently clicking on the link.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: What is drmHeader.bin?