From: uncle34 on
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:09:42 -0700, Mike Easter <MikeE(a)ster.invalid>
wrote:

>Jenn wrote:
>
>> IOBit is another company like malwarebytes? (never heard of it before)
>
>IOBit denial of mbam's complaint
>
>http://blog.iobit.com/declaration-from-iobit_95.html
>
>IOBit front page http://www.iobit.com/
>
>Like mbam, it also has free & pay. mbam has more reputation in freeware
>discussion groups.

If I had followed freebie IOBit some months back, I'd have ended up
erasing 1/2 the darn files on my comp. I dumped it *real* fast.
From: Jenn on
"Mike Easter" <MikeE(a)ster.invalid> wrote in message
> Jenn wrote:
>
>> IOBit is another company like malwarebytes? (never heard of it before)
>
> IOBit denial of mbam's complaint
>
> http://blog.iobit.com/declaration-from-iobit_95.html
>
> IOBit front page http://www.iobit.com/
>
> Like mbam, it also has free & pay. mbam has more reputation in freeware
> discussion groups.

Last year I had an issue of some malware on my pc, so I asked my friends I
chat with from my old MSN sysop days and they said use Malwarebytes.. that
it was the best... I use the free version and it's never let me down yet.
No one ever mentioned IOBit so this is the first I've heard of it.
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

From: Max Wachtel on
On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 18:27:49 -0300, Jenn
<me(a)nowhere.whocareswhatthisemailisanyway> wrote:

> "Mike Easter" <MikeE(a)ster.invalid> wrote in message
>> Jenn wrote:
>>
>>> IOBit is another company like malwarebytes? (never heard of it before)
>>
>> IOBit denial of mbam's complaint
>>
>> http://blog.iobit.com/declaration-from-iobit_95.html
>>
>> IOBit front page http://www.iobit.com/
>>
>> Like mbam, it also has free & pay. mbam has more reputation in freeware
>> discussion groups.
>

> Last year I had an issue of some malware on my pc, so I asked my friends
> chat with from my old MSN sysop days and they said use Malwarebytes..
> that
> it was the best... I use the free version and it's never let me down yet.
> No one ever mentioned IOBit so this is the first I've heard of it.

IOBit was not mentioned because some of the folks that work there have the
same ethics as TRT(aka)PCButts1 has.
--
This post was created using Opera(a)USB: http://www.opera-usb.com
Virus Removal Instructions
From: Dustin Cook on
Mike Easter <MikeE(a)ster.invalid> wrote in news:833v4nF2q2U1
@mid.individual.net:

> Jenn wrote:
>
>> IOBit is another company like malwarebytes? (never heard of it before)
>
> IOBit denial of mbam's complaint
>
> http://blog.iobit.com/declaration-from-iobit_95.html
>
> IOBit front page http://www.iobit.com/
>
> Like mbam, it also has free & pay. mbam has more reputation in freeware
> discussion groups.

I don't care how much they deny it. I was there. As was.. well, everyone
else on mbam staff at the time. In fact, after they released the new
version that didn't contain mbam's work; they're detection abilites dropped
significantly.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

From: Dustin Cook on

> Jenn wrote:
>> "Mike Easter"
>>> mbam had a legal conflict with IOBit, claiming iobit infringed IP.
>>> During that battle would have been a good time for iobit to claim
>>> that mbam harbored 'gremlins', but it did not. It only claimed that
>>> it didn't intentionally infringe IP and that remedies had been taken
>>> about mbam's concerns.
>

>> What does *infringe IP* mean?
>
> IP is intellectual property (rights) in this context. So the
> infringement is on the property rights.
>
> <wiki> On November 2, 2009, Malwarebytes accused rival IOBit of
> incorporating the database of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (and several
> products from other vendors, which were not named) in its security
> software IOBit Security 360. ... Malwarebytes claims to have served
> DMCA infringement notices against CNET Download.com and MajorGeeks.com
> in order to have the download sites remove the IOBit software.
> </wiki>

They did serve DMCA complaints, and for a very short time; iobit was
pulled.

--
"Hrrngh! Someday I'm going to hurl this...er...roll this...hrrngh.. nudge
this boulder right down a cliff." - Goblin Warrior

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Prev: Jenn
Next: Spyware Blaster databse update | 19 Apr 2010