From: Michael Jackson on
Good for you for getting a response from the controller! As I stated a
few days ago, all of my attempts to communicate with the MLM
controller from my Gmail account failed. I have yet to run the script.
This should be interesting...

--
Michael Jackson
http://mjijackson.com/

From: Tony Arcieri on

For what it's worth, here's the response I got after doing the same thing I
did to Walton. There was no confirmation process, so either something is
different with how we're subscribed, or something changed recently:

BYE [tony.arcieri(a)medioh.com] accepted.
change member and recipient lists

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Michael Jackson <mjijackson(a)gmail.com>wrote:

> Good for you for getting a response from the controller! As I stated a
> few days ago, all of my attempts to communicate with the MLM
> controller from my Gmail account failed. I have yet to run the script.
> This should be interesting...
>
> --
> Michael Jackson
> http://mjijackson.com/
> @mjijackson
>

> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Walton Hoops <walton(a)vyper.hopto.org>
> wrote:

> security

> >> Go ahead, I already did.
> >>

> > Hmm... just a moment ago I got this e-mail:
> >
> > On 4/15/2010 11:50 AM, ruby-talk-admin(a)ruby-lang.org wrote:
> >> unsubscribe
> >>
> >> unsubscribe-confirm 2010041602504610836465093473 walton vyper.hopto.org
> >>
> >> Please reply this mail to confirm your unsubscribe request
> >> and send this to ruby-talk-ctl(a)ruby-lang.org
> >> If confirmed, you are removed from MAILING LIST <
> ruby-talk(a)ruby-lang.org>.
> >>
> >> --ruby-talk(a)ruby-lang.org, Be Seeing You!

> >> If you have any questions or problems,
> >> please contact ruby-talk-admin(a)ruby-lang.org
> >> or
> >> send e-mail with the body "help"(without quotes) to
> >> ruby-talk-ctl(a)ruby-lang.org
> >> (here is the automatic reply, so more preferable)
> >>
> >> e.g. on a Unix Machine
> >> (shell prompt)% echo "help" |Mail ruby-talk-ctl(a)ruby-lang.org
> >>
> >> ************************************************************
> >>

> > I wonder how that could have happened ;-)

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh! A Kudelski Brand

From: James Britt on
Walton Hoops wrote:

> I wonder how that could have happened ;-)

Moderator! Ban this person for relentless smart-assitude!

:)

BTW, thanks for testing that out.

--
James Britt

www.neurogami.com - Smart application development

From: Oddmund =?utf-8?Q?Str=C3=B8mme?= on
Tony Arcieri <tony.arcieri(a)medioh.com> writes:

> Hi, yes, you got it right. I read ruby-talk via e-mail. Given my present
> method of reading ruby-talk (via Gmail) it's been extremely distracting and
> hindered my ability to read other mailing lists. I use Gmail's multiple
> inbox feature to filter out mailing lists I'm subscribed to, and "high
> traffic" threads get priority, even if it's the same person sending dozens
> of messages to a single thread.
>
> Perhaps the method by which you read ruby-talk differs, but given my present
> mode of reading the list, thunk threads are eating up valuable second-inbox
> space.

You are aware of GMail's 'mute conversation' functionality, yes?

--
oddmund
From: Tony Arcieri on
Yes, unfortunately that doesn't seem to work correctly with the multiple
inboxes feature.

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh! A Kudelski Brand