From: AndyHancock on
In windows XP, I unchecked WirelessNetworkConnectionProperties-
>WirelessNetworks->PreferredNetworks->SecondCup->Properties-
>Connection->AutomaticConnection->ConnectWhenThisNetworkIsInRange.

When I click OK, I am told "You have disabled encryption for the
network 'Second Cup'. yada yada yada. Continue Anyway?

WHY would this message be issued when all I did was turn off automatic
connectoin?
From: Don Phillipson on
"AndyHancock" <andymhancock(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> In windows XP, I unchecked WirelessNetworkConnectionProperties-
> >WirelessNetworks->PreferredNetworks->SecondCup->Properties-
> >Connection->AutomaticConnection->ConnectWhenThisNetworkIsInRange.
>
> When I click OK, I am told "You have disabled encryption for the
> network 'Second Cup'. yada yada yada. Continue Anyway?
>
> WHY would this message be issued when all I did was turn off automatic
> connectoin?

This reasonable question also seems a strong hint your XP OS
has been damaged. Perhaps the same fault underlies
attempts to connnect automatically after you have turned
off this network.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: AndyHancock on
On Apr 9, 7:18 pm, "Don Phillipson" <e...(a)SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote:
> "AndyHancock" <andymhanc...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > In windows XP, I unchecked WirelessNetworkConnectionProperties-
> > >WirelessNetworks->PreferredNetworks->SecondCup->Properties-
> > >Connection->AutomaticConnection->ConnectWhenThisNetworkIsInRange.
>
> > When I click OK, I am told "You have disabled encryption for the
> > network 'Second Cup'.  yada yada yada.  Continue Anyway?
>
> > WHY would this message be issued when all I did was turn off automatic
> > connectoin?
>
> This reasonable question also seems a strong hint your XP OS
> has been damaged.  Perhaps the same fault underlies
> attempts to connnect automatically after you have turned
> off this network.

That's bad news. I was hoping to hear that this is normal! I guess I
can live with the anomaly compared to the unknowns of "repairing" the
OS.

Hey, wasn't there a cool bearbrooks farm in your neck of the woods,
with awesome weekend brunch and much exotic game meat?