From: Michael on
"EN59CVH" <EN59CVH(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Gene3 wrote:
>
>>Why is that strange comment relevant to my post?
>>

> Because he is a pig and a member of the Geriatric Society!

....and your father fu(a)ks your sister. Don't throw stones whilst living in
an incestuous glass house.
--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

From: Gene3 on
I thought this was the MS Windows Update group. Maybe I was mistaken - but
if not here, then where? At least I'd like a reasonable response to my
primary question... Why is Windows Update installing Firefox add-ons without
any prior notice to user, especially buggy incompatible ones?
--
Marco

From: ybS2okj on

> Why is Windows Update installing Firefox add-ons without any prior notice
> to user, especially buggy incompatible ones?

It could be so that it becomes easier for M$ to sabotage Firefox on your
system to force you to start re-using IE8!!!

Now this is just a guess. In Europe, people are offered a choice of
browsers and the patch is so bad that it has become a nuisance because of
pop-ups every now and then. Surely, M$ could have done a better job but no.
It has to cause inconvenience to its users to teach EU Commissionaires a
lesson!! Now this is called capitalism at its best!

From: Gene3 on
You may be right but more likely, I believe, is the MS software engineers
are inept and out of touch. The whole .NET complex is a big mess, very
difficult to install and update properly. After several tries and a major
effort, I finally got .NET 1.0 thru 3.5 completely installed and patched,
working OK except for the subject of this thread. Then I get only strange
here aren't up to the task either. So I can't be very optimistic that
they'll ever fix it...

From: ybS2okj on

Did you install all the .Net Framework Applications from 1.1 to 3.5 SP1? If
so then I have to say you wasted a lot of time because you should have
installed only 3.5 SP1 because it is cumulative from 2.0 onwards. Then this
leaves 1.1 but it may not be needed unless you are using very old programs
like Quickbooks version 6 or VS 2003.

I have decided not to install any updates post SP3 and my system is perfect
and I don't have any worries about viruses or spywares or even DoS attacks
because my Firewall has "No Exceptions allowed".

MS-MVPs are a bunch of geriatrics who are jobless and no one wants to employ
them. So they spend their time here to keep renewing their membership of
the Pig-Society"

hth

> You may be right but more likely, I believe, is the MS software engineers
> are inept and out of touch. The whole .NET complex is a big mess, very
> difficult to install and update properly. After several tries and a major
> effort, I finally got .NET 1.0 thru 3.5 completely installed and patched,
> working OK except for the subject of this thread. Then I get only strange
> here aren't up to the task either. So I can't be very optimistic that
> they'll ever fix it...
>
> "ybS2okj" <ybS2okj(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Gene3" <Gene3(a)not.valid> wrote in message
>>> Why is Windows Update installing Firefox add-ons without any prior
>>> notice to user, especially buggy incompatible ones?
>>
>> It could be so that it becomes easier for M$ to sabotage Firefox on your
>> system to force you to start re-using IE8!!!
>>
>> Now this is just a guess. In Europe, people are offered a choice of
>> browsers and the patch is so bad that it has become a nuisance because of
>> pop-ups every now and then. Surely, M$ could have done a better job but
>> no. It has to cause inconvenience to its users to teach EU
>> Commissionaires a lesson!! Now this is called capitalism at its best!

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: windows update error message
Next: 0x800706BE NET service...