From: Matt on
Hi VanguardLH,
Of course I know that scripting, animation etc are not viable in email?
Where did I suggest otherwise? And like I said before I spend every working
day of my life building and testing websites and email in a different
browsers and email clients (and have done for 11 years) so again, I *know*
the recipient will never see content the same way! The truth is, most other
email clients (and browsers) do a much better and more consistent (and bug
free) job of rendering. This is fact! Seriously, do some research.

When the internet itself was 'born' in 1973
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet) it was not designed originally to
show video, play music, have online shops, provide the ability to book
flights and tickets, etc etc etc.. but it now does. So your analogy of a
hammer and a screwdriver makes no sense? Like it or not HTML email is not
going anywhere. Other email clients (eg apple mail, thunderbird, even many
mobile email clients) have shown that is perfectly possible to code a message
once and have it display perfectly well in both browsers and email clients.
Why make developers have to do more work? My question is why use the (very
old) word rendering engine when the passable explorer 8 engine exists.
Outlook 2003 used to use explorer, why have we gone backwards?

Did you take the time to read any of the links I posted above?
Please don't jump to assumptions before replying.
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Matt" <Matt(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Why make developers have to do more work? My question is why use the (very
> old) word rendering engine when the passable explorer 8 engine exists.
> Outlook 2003 used to use explorer, why have we gone backwards?

Because the European Union made Microsoft unbundle IE, so mail clients that
used to rely on the IE rendering engine being available can no longer do that.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]