From: Olivier Bellemare on
Hello there.

My problem is that whenever I try to run an application NOT designed for
windows XP, I get this error:
"The Win 16 Subsystem has insufficent resources to continue running. Click
on OK, close your applications, and restart your machine."

I tried to restart my machine but it doesn't help at all.

Is there a way to fix this? I searched all over the internet and couldn't
find a thing. I'm counting on you guys.

From: Ion Petrov on
try to rightclick on the main exe file : properties / change the
compatibility to WIN95
and see how it hangs.
If still bad install windows 3.11

From: Ian on
Ion Petrov wrote:
> try to rightclick on the main exe file : properties / change the
> compatibility to WIN95
> and see how it hangs.
> If still bad install windows 3.11
>
> "Olivier Bellemare"
> <__NOSPAM__olivier.bellemare__NOSPAM__(a)cgocable.ca> wrote in message
>> Hello there.
>>
>> My problem is that whenever I try to run an application NOT designed
>> for windows XP, I get this error:
>> "The Win 16 Subsystem has insufficent resources to continue running.
>> Click on OK, close your applications, and restart your machine."
>>
>> I tried to restart my machine but it doesn't help at all.
>>
>> Is there a way to fix this? I searched all over the internet and
>> couldn't find a thing. I'm counting on you guys.

There is nothing you can do in XP about this. 16-bit applications are
handled by what is best described as an emulation layer, which you will see
in Task Manager as "wowexec" (stands for windows on windows). If the
application does not control it's use of memory the wowexec can burst it's
banks. XP limits resourses to the wowexec to guard against memory leaks,
crappy code or malicious intent. Can you really not get a newer version of
this program? What is it?

From: relic on
Olivier Bellemare wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> My problem is that whenever I try to run an application NOT designed
> for windows XP, I get this error:
> "The Win 16 Subsystem has insufficent resources to continue running.
> Click on OK, close your applications, and restart your machine."
>
> I tried to restart my machine but it doesn't help at all.
>
> Is there a way to fix this? I searched all over the internet and
> couldn't find a thing. I'm counting on you guys.

One of these files is missing (or damaged) in C:\Windows\System32:
ýConfig.nt
ýAutoexec.nt
ýCommand.com

Copy the missing files from C:\Windows\Repair

--
If there is a Tourist Season, how come we can't shoot them?

From: TheBeat999 on
"Ian" <ian(a)iano.net> wrote in message

Don't feed the trolls, Ian. They're not remotely interested in what you say -- only
that they've provoked a response. It serves no purpose to the group and does
absolutely nothing to reduce the problem. The best "solution" is to simply killfile
without a word and move on. After all, a troll that can't get a rise from its target
audience is a failure in the eyes of its peers.