From: maddog on
Hello,
I am running a Windows 2003 rc2 64bit edition server. Using IIS6.0.
Recently got this eror when tried to run an ADO connection to the MSACCESS
database:
"
ADODB.Connection error '800a0ea9'

Provider is not specified and there is no designated default provider.

/AdoConnection.asp, line 5
"
First thing i did was going to the ODBC and clicking 'Configure...' when the
'MS Acess Database' is selected, and got this window:
"The setup routines for the Microsoft Acess driver (*.mdb) ODBD driver could
not be found. Please reinstall the driver."

When i tried to download & install the Win2003 64bit Ms JET pack i got an
error that said something about the architechture and when i tried to install
the 32bit driver i got other error that my machine is other than needed.

I read in Google and found that there is problem to connect MS Access to
IIS6.0 in 64bit mode. It is very weird, how come Microsoft deploy Win2003
server 64bit and don't have support for Microsft Access ADO connection.
Perhaps im missing something?
Somebody told me to try downgrade IIS6.0 from 64bit to 32Bit,
I found an option to enable 32bit applications in IIS6.0 by using this
command:
"
cscript.exe adsutil.vbs set W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32BitAppOnWin64 "true"
"
But when I use it i get error on the web: "Service Unavailble".

Would thank for any help.
Dmitry