From: Guido Kraus on
After installing the .NET framework 2.0 on a W2K3 SP1 machine I frequently
get the following warning in the Windows application event log:

Event ID: 2275
Source: W3SVC-WP
Type: Warning
ETW Tracing support failed to intialize. Execution of IIS will continue
although ETW Tracing support (or parts of it) will not be available. The data
is the error.
Data: 00000005

Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks,
Guido

From: Jacqueline Jaynes [MSFT] on
This seems to be related to the service called User Mode Process Dump -
which is installed when someone needs the userdump.exe to create a full
system memory dump

To get rid of the warning:

one way is to disable that service and reboot
or uninstall the service and reboot

However, there are no problems occurring in just starting W3WP at that
time, so if you need the service, that is OK. But if you need to do ETW
tracing, then it may be necessary to disable and reboot at least.

Thank you,

Jackie Jaynes [MSFT]
Microsoft IIS

Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
is our online account name for newsgroup participation only.

You assume all risk for your use.  2001 Microsoft Corporation. All rights
reserved.

From: Guido Kraus on
Unfortunately I can't find a service called "User Mode Process Dump".

Guido

From: Guido Kraus on