From: jigs4u4ever on
Hi,

You receive the following event in event viewer

Event ID: 2275
Source: W3SVC-WP
Type: Warning
ETW Tracing support failed to intialize. Execution of IIS will continue
although ETW Tracing support (or parts of it) will not be available. The data
is the error.
Data: 00000005

Now your error is Data: 00000005 which is in hexadecimal value, convert the
error code into decimal with the help of some scientific calculator and you
will get the decimal equivalelnt value of 00000005 to "5" now open the
command prompt and type the following command.

C:\>net helpmsg 5

and your exact error will be retrive which is "Access is denied."

so there is some permission issue with your configuration.

FYI.

The Windows operating system includes the Event Tracing for Windows (ETW)
infrastructure to help individuals troubleshoot problems in the operating
system, including those involving HTTP requests in IIS components. IIS HTTP
components include Active Server Pages (ASP), Internet Server Application
Programming Interface (ISAPI) extensions, and the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
Filter service, to name a few. If an HTTP request in IIS fails or becomes
unresponsive while ETW is enabled, you can view ETW trace data, called
events, to determine which component caused the failure.
In Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or later, IIS includes the following
tracing features. These features leverage the ETW infrastructure.
• IIS Currently-executing Requests Tracing: This tracing feature provides
general statistics and details about all requests executing on the server at
the moment tracing was started. If the CPU on your server is spiking or if
requests become unresponsive, currently-executing requests tracing can help
you understand which URLs are being requested, which application pool the
requests reside in, and other similar details. This feature does not include
the option to specify which components or URLs to trace.
• IIS Request-Based Tracing: This tracing feature tracks HTTP requests as
they move through IIS components. Request-based tracing can help you target
the IIS component processing a request when the request failed or became
unresponsive. Request-based tracing is enabled and disabled via the command
line. Request-based tracing allows you to define and trace a specific URL or
a group of URLs.

Data: 00000005

From: Guido Kraus on
Thanks for this info. However, I'm not sure where to look for this permission
issue.

Thanks for any ideas,
Guido