From: keithr on
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:
> Josh wrote:
>> I bought a copy of Win 7 Professional Upgrade in Kona in Hawaii the
>> other day for US$158. It seems we are being ripped off here big time.
>
> Yes, $158USD is excessive. Try on the mainland.

Hardly, that is cheaper than Walmart and Tiger Direct.
From: keithr on
On 3/12/2009 12:50 PM, Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:
> SG1 wrote:
>> "Josh" <jknight_64(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> I bought a copy of Win 7 Professional Upgrade in Kona in Hawaii the
>>> other day for US$158. It seems we are being ripped off here big time.
>>
>> Later this month I get my free copy, and I won't have to buy a new
>> computer to go.
>
> What will you do about the new BSoD problem?

I can't even remember the last time that I got a BSoD must have been at
least a couple of years back.
From: keithr on
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:
> keithr wrote:

>>> What will you do about the new BSoD problem?
>>>
>> I can't even remember the last time that I got a BSoD must have been
>> at least a couple of years back.
>
> No, no, no! That's the old Blue Screen of Death. I'm referring to the
> new Black Screen of Death.

Haven't seen that either, and I have been running W7 for the last 6 months.
From: annily on
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:
> keithr wrote:
>> Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:

>>> No, no, no! That's the old Blue Screen of Death. I'm referring to the
>>> new Black Screen of Death.
>>>
>> Haven't seen that either, and I have been running W7 for the last 6
>> months.
>
> Try applying some "improvements" from MS.

Such as?

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which may or may not influence my opinions.
From: annily on
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:
> annily wrote:
>> Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:

>>> Try applying some "improvements" from MS.
>>
>> Such as?
>
> Some of their recent patches.

Well, I'm up to date with Windows Update, and don't see any real
problems. Can you be more specific?