From: Fred on

"Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF " <""wassim.noujwas\"@yahoo.com is a tool
.."> wrote in message news:0329d262$0$1375$c3e8da3(a)news.astraweb.com...
> annily wrote:
>> Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:

>>> Some of their recent patches.
>>
>> Well, I'm up to date with Windows Update, and don't see any real
>> problems. Can you be more specific?
>
> http://www.smh.com.au/technology/windows-7/microsoft-denies-security-updates-causing-windows-7-black-screen-of-death-20091202-k4s3.html

Did you read the article that you linked to?
In a nutshell Microsoft denies that the November updates are the cause of
BSOD's for affected users.
The group responsible for associating the BSOD's with the updates have
issued an apology and stated that those affected by the BSOD were probably
infected by Malware.
Not an uncommon scenario IMHO.
Prevx has apologised to Microsoft for the "inconvenience" caused by its
original blog posting.

"Having narrowed down a specific trigger for this condition we've done quite
a bit of testing and re-testing on the recent Windows patches . . . as
referred to in our previous blog. Since more specifically narrowing down the
cause we have been able to exonerate these patches from being a contributory
factor," the security company said.

It said further investigation had revealed that the black screen could be
caused by malware or other programs and urged Windows 7 users to continue
updating the operating system and security software.

From: keithr on
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:
> Fred wrote:
>> "Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF " <""wassim.noujwas\"@yahoo.com is a
>> tool ."> wrote in message

>>> http://www.smh.com.au/technology/windows-7/microsoft-denies-security-updates-causing-windows-7-black-screen-of-death-20091202-k4s3.html
>>>

>> Did you read the article that you linked to?
>
> The original one, yes. They appear to have changed it since.
>
>> In a nutshell Microsoft denies that the November updates are the cause
>> of BSOD's for affected users.
>> The group responsible for associating the BSOD's with the updates have
>> issued an apology and stated that those affected by the BSOD were
>> probably infected by Malware.
>> Not an uncommon scenario IMHO.
>> Prevx has apologised to Microsoft for the "inconvenience" caused by
>> its original blog posting.
>>
>> "Having narrowed down a specific trigger for this condition we've done
>> quite a bit of testing and re-testing on the recent Windows patches .
>> . . as referred to in our previous blog. Since more specifically
>> narrowing down the cause we have been able to exonerate these patches
>> from being a contributory factor," the security company said.
>>
>> It said further investigation had revealed that the black screen could
>> be caused by malware or other programs and urged Windows 7 users to
>> continue updating the operating system and security software.
>
> And that malware could only exist because of MS's crappy OSes.

So you're as prejudiced about that as you are about everything else eh?
From: Qanset on
Dr. Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF > wrote:
> . wrote:
>>
>> "Josh" <jknight_64(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> I bought a copy of Win 7 Professional Upgrade in Kona in Hawaii the
>>> other day for US$158. It seems we are being ripped off here big time.
>>
>> I bought a box of weeties at safeway the other day for $3.65,
>> and got a free copy of win7 pro enclosed inside!
>
> Yeah, but you have to wait for the secret decoder ring before you can
> use it.

How much is the secret encoder ring.??