From: Jan Alter on

--

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=DownloadIndexAct&fcategoryid=305

Jan Alter
bearpuf(a)verizon.net

From: Snazz on

Thanks for the input, but this is just an add-on module,
not the full driver. I don't have the driver that this is intended
to update!

The XP driver won't even start up under Win 7, so I need
the full Vista driver . . .

Thanks

Snazz
From: Jan Alter on
Try going to this site on Canon Support for frequently asked questions.
Below is what Canon says to do to get the printer running on Windows 7.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&tabact=SupportDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=257&modelid=10239

Additionally you may need to actually go to Windows update (Start, Rt click
on My Computer, properties, Windows Update) and tell it to install the
updated driver.

--
Jan Alter
bearpuf(a)verizon.net

From: Jan Alter on
Below is what was said in their FAQ's

Driver and software compatibility (Windows 7)
The software supporting Windows 7 and installation instructions are shown
below.

Printer Driver

Important: Your computer must have an Internet access in order to install
the printer driver.

The Windows 7 printer driver for your printer is provided by Windows Update.
Simply connect your printer to the computer, and then power the printer on.
The driver will be installed automatically as long as there is an Internet
connection.

Note: The printer driver supplied via Windows Update does not include the
Effects functions (such as "VIVID Photo," "Simulate Illustration,"
"Monochrome Effects," etc.) that were available in previous versions of the
driver. In order to enable the Effects functions, download and install the
Windows 7 Add-On module from our download site.