From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
For Vista and Win 7 this can be used.
It is much more complicated than Dr.TCP.
Give it a try may be you'll be capable to figure it out.
http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

From: Linea Recta on
> Hi
> For Vista and Win 7 this can be used.
> It is much more complicated than Dr.TCP.
> Give it a try may be you'll be capable to figure it out.
> http://www.speedguide.net/downloads.php
> Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

Thanks for the link.
Afraid I ran "Dr.TCP" on my Vista notebook yesterday, by accident... using
the suggested settings.
Although I notice no ill effects, would it be best to restore te default
settings before proceeding with this?

Any source as how to check the default settings for Vista?
Or would it be sufficient to run "SG Vista TCP/IP Patch" from your link in
this message above?

--
regards,

|\ /|
| \/ |@rk
\../
\/os

From: Jack [MVP-Networking] on
Hi
It should not damage any thing.
Download the TCPOptimizer from the SpeedGuide page, and run it.
It would show you the current setting of Vista.
You can then use it to set new parameters as well.
http://www.ezlan.net/network/TCPoptimize.jpg
Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).