From: Quilljar on
I have suddenly been infected with a nasty which may be called Win32/NugelE
(there is a file called abjsysguard.exe which windows 7 notification has
come up with.)

It is preventing me from using Malarebytes and keeps alerting me to a
supposed virus whch directs me to a web page about Anti-Viruus Live. this is
obviously a scam and I would like to know how to gt rid of it.

I have started a long scan with MS Security Essentials, which does not seem
to be infected, but wll take ages.
I am having to write this on another computer as the attack has affected my
ability to get on line.

--
Yrs Quilly (Winchester UK)

From: Buffalo on

Quilljar wrote:
> I have suddenly been infected with a nasty which may be called
> Win32/NugelE (there is a file called abjsysguard.exe which windows 7
> notification has come up with.)
>
> It is preventing me from using Malarebytes and keeps alerting me to a
> supposed virus whch directs me to a web page about Anti-Viruus Live.
> this is obviously a scam and I would like to know how to gt rid of
> it.
>
> I have started a long scan with MS Security Essentials, which does
> not seem to be infected, but wll take ages.
> I am having to write this on another computer as the attack has
> affected my ability to get on line.

Try renaming the MBAM executable to something else and they running it.
ie: mbam.exe to better.exe or even better.com or
yourchoice.exe or yourchoice.com.

If no success, you might want to try the free version of SAS
(SuperAntiSpyware) available from SuperAntiSpyware.com.
You may have to rename its excutable also, if it will not run.

Buffalo

PS: Put anti-virus live in the search box in Google or another
search engine.

From: Buffalo on

Quilljar wrote:
> I have suddenly been infected with a nasty which may be called
> Win32/NugelE (there is a file called abjsysguard.exe which windows 7
> notification has come up with.)
>
> It is preventing me from using Malarebytes and keeps alerting me to a
> supposed virus whch directs me to a web page about Anti-Viruus Live.
> this is obviously a scam and I would like to know how to gt rid of
> it.
>
> I have started a long scan with MS Security Essentials, which does
> not seem to be infected, but wll take ages.
> I am having to write this on another computer as the attack has
> affected my ability to get on line.

Curious if you are using the pro version of MBAM and was it running in
real-time when you got infected?
Thanks,
Buffalo
PS: http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antivirus-live.html

The above page describes how to manually delete the "anti-virus live"
trojan.
It sounds pretty simple if you are comfortable deleting entries in the
Registry.

One suggestion was to use msconfig and boot into diagnostic mode
and then run MBAM.

However, read the whole page and choose what you want to do.

From: VanguardLH on
Quilljar wrote:

> I have suddenly been infected with a nasty which may be called Win32/NugelE
> (there is a file called abjsysguard.exe which windows 7 notification has
> come up with.)
>
> It is preventing me from using Malarebytes and keeps alerting me to a
> supposed virus whch directs me to a web page about Anti-Viruus Live. this is
> obviously a scam and I would like to know how to gt rid of it.
>
> I have started a long scan with MS Security Essentials, which does not seem
> to be infected, but wll take ages.
> I am having to write this on another computer as the attack has affected my
> ability to get on line.

Will MBAM run okay if you reboot into Windows' safe mode?
From: Quilljar on
Thanks fo the advice all of which iam trying. /but this is a baaad vius.
Cananyone tell me how to get Windows 7 into safe mode ? the normal way
oftapping F8 does not work.

--
Yrs Quilly (Winchester UK)