From: Bruce Hagen on

"AAH" <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> wrote in message

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>
> "AAH" <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "AAH" <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
>>> How to Unblock a Blocked .ZIP file?
>>> It says R/Click and click Property and
>>> tick Unblock?
>>> Where is the Unblock mark on the
>>> Property sheet?
>>> Thanks for help.
>>>

>> You right click on the zipped file and use the Extract All option.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>
>> "Extract All"
>> No it does not work it refers to the
>> same para of blocking and unblocking
>> as I mentioned earlier.
>> The Norton Security is installed on the
>> computer and there is no third party
>> zip utility installed.
>> Does it matter?
>>

> Sorry. I have never seen a 'blocked' zip file. Do you know what program
> is
> blocking it?
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>
> It is "Windowss Seccurity Warning"
> Windows has blocked access to these
> files............ and marked as not trusted"
>
> "Why were these files were blocked and
> hhow can I open them" This refers
> to a para in the Help and Support Section
> (How Blocking some attachments......)

These are attachments in a message in Outlook Express? That is what that
Help & Support is referring to.

Tools | Options | Security Tab. Uncheck: "Block images..............".

"Images are blocked when you open an e-mail message in Outlook Express on
a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843018

From: Shenan Stanley on
AAH wrote:
> How to Unblock a Blocked .ZIP file?
> It says R/Click and click Property and
> tick Unblock?
> Where is the Unblock mark on the
> Property sheet?
> Thanks for help.

Please verify the Version of Windows, Edition of that version and Service
pack level you are using:

Start button --> RUN --> type in:
(No "RUN", press the WindowsKey+R at the same time.)
winver
--> Click OK.

That will give you (picture at top) the full name of the operating system.
That will give you (in the test) the Service Pack you have installed.

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit
version of the Windows operating system
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

From: AAH on

"AAH" <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> wrote in message

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>
> "AAH" <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH(a)nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "AAH" <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> wrote in message
>>> How to Unblock a Blocked .ZIP file?
>>> It says R/Click and click Property and
>>> tick Unblock?
>>> Where is the Unblock mark on the
>>> Property sheet?
>>> Thanks for help.
>>>

>> You right click on the zipped file and use the Extract All option.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>
>> "Extract All"
>> No it does not work it refers to the
>> same para of blocking and unblocking
>> as I mentioned earlier.
>> The Norton Security is installed on the
>> computer and there is no third party
>> zip utility installed.
>> Does it matter?
>>

> Sorry. I have never seen a 'blocked' zip file. Do you know what program
> is
> blocking it?
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>
> It is "Windowss Seccurity Warning"
> Windows has blocked access to these
> files............ and marked as not trusted"
>
> "Why were these files were blocked and
> hhow can I open them" This refers
> to a para in the Help and Support Section
> (How Blocking some attachments......)

These are attachments in a message in Outlook Express? That is what that
Help & Support is referring to.

Tools | Options | Security Tab. Uncheck: "Block images..............".

"Images are blocked when you open an e-mail message in Outlook Express on
a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/843018

The zip file in question is not an attachment
to any message oe email.
I started to download the Nero7 essenntial
help file since these were not on the Nero
disk came with cd writer.
Somehow this zip file Nero_7.zip came
along with the lot. Other zip files are ok.
This may be a nasty file as the windows
security has blocked it. Infact I have no
knowledge of its contents. It cannot be
copied from its download folder to another.
This refers to SP2 version mine is SP3.
I should try to delete it.

Thank you very much for your help.

From: AAH on
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 2002 Service Pack 3
32 bit FAT 32

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
What third-party firewall (if any)?

Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
computer?

Did a Norton or McAfee free-trial come preinstalled on the computer when you
bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

Right-click on this ZIP file & select Properties: Is there a "...file came
from another computer..." warning?

How to take ownership of a file or a folder in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421

Microsoft Windows XP - Take ownership of a file or folder:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/acl_take_ownership.mspx