From: Twayne on
In news:%23RW6aSyMLHA.2276(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
AAH <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> typed:
> "Jim" <bojimbo261(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 18:27:25 +0100, "AAH"
> <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> wrote:
>
>> How to Unblock a Blocked .ZIP file?
>> It says R/Click and click Property and
>> tick Unblock?
>> Where is the Unblock mark on the
>> Property sheet?
>> Thanks for help.
>>

> Right click file ; properties , click unblock , apply , ok .
>
> There is no such command as "Unblock"
> on R/Click manu in Win XP. You have not
> read my first request?

If the zip file is blocked, there WILL be such a button. If it's a file
within the zip file, you'll have to unblock it and check its properties.
As I said in my other post to you, the "unblock" button will only be there
if the file is actually blocked.
See the link I gave in the other post that shows the blocked button on the
properties window quite clearly. If the unblocked button is NOT there, then
either the file is corrupted, or more likely, it is NOT blocked.

More detailed information would help to pin this down. Also, as I said
before, Google will get you a LOT of hits for unblocking files. Look closely
at your properties as a URL I previously provided shows it very clearly. I'm
an XP user so I have no Vista experience but there are several Google hits
covering Vista also. I suppose win7 would be the same; I only looked at the
first page of Google hits for unblock zip files .

HTH,

Twayne`

From: Twayne on
In news:eol4UgmMLHA.5624(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
AAH <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> typed:
> How to Unblock a Blocked .ZIP file?
> It says R/Click and click Property and
> tick Unblock?
> Where is the Unblock mark on the
> Property sheet?
> Thanks for help.

Sheesh, what a long thread about everything but somethinig that will work.

If the file is blocked in the usual sense, it'll show as a "block" with a
tickmark on the Properties tabs, not certain exactly which one, and wll be
located in the lower right area of the Properties page tab window. So it
sounds like the instructions are correct; you're just missing it being
there. Due to its location it doesn't stand out, but believe ,me it's there,
unless it's become unlocked.

Are you certain they are talking about the "zip" file or a file within the
zip file? Often it will be the Help file that's blocked and you can't
unblock that until after unzipping everything.
Once the fle is unblocked, there will no longer be a "block" entry to
use; it will be removed from the file's properties as it's a one-way thing,
not a toggle as other properties are.

IIRC, the "unblock" button in the file's properties will be located in the
General tab, down in the area where you also see the "Advanced" button.
Again, once you click that button to unblock the file, the unblock button
will go away. It can't be brought back via properties although it is a sort
of property.

Here are some links about unblocking files since you omitted anything I
could pin down to a specific operating system:

http://www.daeja.com/trial/unblock.asp
Shows where the "block" info is in properties: Same in XP and Vista.

http://www.petri.co.il/unblock-files-windows-vista.htm

http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/1141169.htm

If none of these help, do your own unblock zip files on Google;
You didn't provide enough information to get real close to what you need,
but it's going to be there. This is common with files from another server.

HTH,

Twayne`

From: Shenan Stanley on
Twayne wrote:
> In news:eol4UgmMLHA.5624(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl,
> AAH <aah(a)chakcomnet.net> typed:
>> How to Unblock a Blocked .ZIP file?
>> It says R/Click and click Property and
>> tick Unblock?
>> Where is the Unblock mark on the
>> Property sheet?
>> Thanks for help.
>
> Sheesh, what a long thread about everything but somethinig that
> will work.
> If the file is blocked in the usual sense, it'll show as a "block"
> with a tickmark on the Properties tabs, not certain exactly which
> one, and wll be located in the lower right area of the Properties
> page tab window. So it sounds like the instructions are correct;
> you're just missing it being there. Due to its location it doesn't
> stand out, but believe ,me it's there, unless it's become unlocked.
>
> Are you certain they are talking about the "zip" file or a file
> within the zip file? Often it will be the Help file that's blocked
> and you can't unblock that until after unzipping everything.
> Once the fle is unblocked, there will no longer be a "block"
> entry to use; it will be removed from the file's properties as it's
> a one-way thing, not a toggle as other properties are.
>
> IIRC, the "unblock" button in the file's properties will be located
> in the General tab, down in the area where you also see the
> "Advanced" button. Again, once you click that button to unblock the
> file, the unblock button will go away. It can't be brought back via
> properties although it is a sort of property.
>
> Here are some links about unblocking files since you omitted
> anything I could pin down to a specific operating system:
>
> http://www.daeja.com/trial/unblock.asp
> Shows where the "block" info is in properties: Same in XP and Vista.
>
> http://www.petri.co.il/unblock-files-windows-vista.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in/operating-systems/1141169.htm
>
> If none of these help, do your own unblock zip files on
> Google; You didn't provide enough information to get real close to
> what you need, but it's going to be there. This is common with
> files from another server.
> HTH,
>
> Twayne

Shorter answer: