From: DenverD on
Van Chocstraw wrote:
> How do you get the border back on top with the resize and X close icons?
> All that other compiz stuff works great, just can't find this.

you have ATI graphics?

try:
-turn off desktop effects
-change theme
-pray to the ATI god that santa will bring earth a real driver...

--
DenverD (Linux Counter 282315) via Thunderbird 2.0.0.23 (20090817),
KDE 3.5.7 "release 72-11", openSUSE Linux 10.3, 2.6.22.19-0.4-default
#1 SMP i686 athlon
From: Van Chocstraw on
DenverD wrote:
> Van Chocstraw wrote:
>> How do you get the border back on top with the resize and X close icons?
>> All that other compiz stuff works great, just can't find this.
>
> you have ATI graphics?
>
> try:
> -turn off desktop effects
> -change theme
> -pray to the ATI god that santa will bring earth a real driver...

No I have Nvidia graphics.
From: Van Chocstraw on
On 12/09/2009 08:58 AM, Van Chocstraw wrote:
> DenverD wrote:
>> Van Chocstraw wrote:
>>> How do you get the border back on top with the resize and X close icons?
>>> All that other compiz stuff works great, just can't find this.
>>
>> you have ATI graphics?
>>
>> try:
>> -turn off desktop effects
>> -change theme
>> -pray to the ATI god that santa will bring earth a real driver...
>>
> No I have Nvidia graphics.

I guess I can live without it if nobody has clue 1.
From: Paul J Gans on
Van Chocstraw <boobooililililil(a)roadrunner.com> wrote:
>Paul J Gans wrote:
>> Van Chocstraw<boobooililililil(a)roadrunner.com> wrote:

>>> Yes, Window Decoration IS checked. Must be something else.
>>
>> I can offer no help, but perhaps it is a sign of something when
>> we are focussed on window decorations rather than major problems
>> with the release.
>>
>> I guess this is progress...
>>
>It's called that but it is a missing tool, not a decoration. I like to
>close windows with the X in the upper right corner of the windows. I
>also use the minimize/maximize buttons a lot. That whole top bar is
>missing on my windows.

On my trial, the top bar was not missing, but it was missing much
useful functionality. That was a bother.

--
--- Paul J. Gans
From: DenverD on
Martin wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Dec 2009 18:07:35 +0100, DenverD <spam.trap(a)SOMEwhere.dk> wrote:
>
>>> I guess I can live without it if nobody has clue 1.
>> -turn off desktop effects
>> -change theme
>> neither of those tips helped?????
>>
>> if not help then you should probably try to install the Nvidia driver,
>> see: http://en.opensuse.org/Nvidia
>
> This fails with Nvidia GeFORCE 4 Ti4600
>
> It worked OK for Open Suse 11.0

go here and do the right thing: