From: Paul Thompson on
Any ideas on to get Thunderbird 3.0b4 to use Firefox as it's browser?

Thanks
Paul
From: Dave Royal on
Paul Thompson wrote:

> Any ideas on to get Thunderbird 3.0b4 to use Firefox as it's browser?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

I updated T'bird from 2 to 3.0 from the Moz repo yesterday and it uses
Firefox. Looking in config I see
network.protocol-handler.app.http and .https both set to 'firefox'

I think I must have set that ages ago.

Dave
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
From: Werner on
On 10/12/09 18:38, Dave Royal wrote:
> Paul Thompson wrote:
>
>> Any ideas on to get Thunderbird 3.0b4 to use Firefox as it's browser?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Paul
>
> I updated T'bird from 2 to 3.0 from the Moz repo yesterday and it uses
> Firefox. Looking in config I see
> network.protocol-handler.app.http and .https both set to 'firefox'
>
> I think I must have set that ages ago.
>
> Dave

I have the same problem. I did what you describe. No luck.

Werner
From: Dave Royal on
Werner wrote:

> On 10/12/09 18:38, Dave Royal wrote:
>> Paul Thompson wrote:
>>
>>> Any ideas on to get Thunderbird 3.0b4 to use Firefox as it's browser?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Paul
>>
>> I updated T'bird from 2 to 3.0 from the Moz repo yesterday and it uses
>> Firefox. Looking in config I see
>> network.protocol-handler.app.http and .https both set to 'firefox'
>>
>> I think I must have set that ages ago.
>>

> I have the same problem. I did what you describe. No luck.
>
> Werner

I had trouble with my migrated TB3 profile so I created a new one. The
new one does not have those config items - and uses Fx. Hmmmm.

What about the KDE default browser? I'm on 11.0/KDE3 and I set that in
Control Centre > KDE components > component chooser > web browser >
"mozillafirefox"

But I remember setting that to get iPlayer desktop to open the BBC
website in Fx, not for TB.

Dave
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
From: eric on
On 12/13/2009 10:05 AM, Dave Royal wrote:
> Werner wrote:

>>> I updated T'bird from 2 to 3.0 from the Moz repo yesterday and it uses
>>> Firefox. Looking in config I see
>>> network.protocol-handler.app.http and .https both set to 'firefox'
>>>
>>> I think I must have set that ages ago.
>>>

>> I have the same problem. I did what you describe. No luck.
>>
>> Werner
>
> I had trouble with my migrated TB3 profile so I created a new one. The
> new one does not have those config items - and uses Fx. Hmmmm.
>
> What about the KDE default browser? I'm on 11.0/KDE3 and I set that in
> Control Centre > KDE components > component chooser > web browser >
> "mozillafirefox"
>
> But I remember setting that to get iPlayer desktop to open the BBC
> website in Fx, not for TB.
>
> Dave

I went to the menu Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Config Editor and set
the following values to true:

network.protocol-handler.warn-external.http boolean true
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.https boolean true

I initially set these with the beta version and it looks like the update
to version 3 kept these values. Anyways, firefox is working for me when
I click on a link in Thunderbird.

Regards,

Eric