From: Dave Royal on
eric wrote:

> I went to the menu Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Config Editor and set
> the following values to true:
>
> network.protocol-handler.warn-external.http boolean true
> network.protocol-handler.warn-external.https boolean true
>
> I initially set these with the beta version and it looks like the update
> to version 3 kept these values. Anyways, firefox is working for me when
> I click on a link in Thunderbird.
>
> Regards,
>
> Eric

FWIW my newly-created TB3 profile has those set to false (default).

Dave
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
From: Dave Royal on
Dave Royal wrote:

> eric wrote:
>

>> I went to the menu Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Config Editor and
>> set the following values to true:
>>
>> network.protocol-handler.warn-external.http boolean true
>> network.protocol-handler.warn-external.https boolean true
>>
>> I initially set these with the beta version and it looks like the
>> update to version 3 kept these values. Anyways, firefox is working for
>> me when I click on a link in Thunderbird.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Eric
>
> FWIW my newly-created TB3 profile has those set to false (default).
>
> Dave

This link was just posted in news:mozilla.support.thunderbird

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Default_browser

Dave
--
(Remove any numerics from my email address.)
From: jamm on

see this, under KDE: http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs:Most_Annoying_Bugs_11.2
From: Kevin Miller on
On 12/14/2009 07:51 PM, eric wrote:
> On 12/13/2009 10:05 AM, Dave Royal wrote:
>> Werner wrote:

>>> I have the same problem. I did what you describe. No luck.
>>>
>>> Werner
>>
>> I had trouble with my migrated TB3 profile so I created a new one. The
>> new one does not have those config items - and uses Fx. Hmmmm.
>>
>> What about the KDE default browser? I'm on 11.0/KDE3 and I set that in
>> Control Centre > KDE components > component chooser > web browser >
>> "mozillafirefox"
>>
>> But I remember setting that to get iPlayer desktop to open the BBC
>> website in Fx, not for TB.
>>
>> Dave
>
> I went to the menu Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Config Editor and set
> the following values to true:
>
> network.protocol-handler.warn-external.http boolean true
> network.protocol-handler.warn-external.https boolean true
>
> I initially set these with the beta version and it looks like the update
> to version 3 kept these values. Anyways, firefox is working for me when
> I click on a link in Thunderbird.

Might also want to set:
network.protocol-handler.warn-external.ftp boolean true

--
Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
Juneau, Alaska
From: Werner on
On 16/12/09 06:57, jamm wrote:
> Paul Thompson wrote:
>
>> Any ideas on to get Thunderbird 3.0b4 to use Firefox as it's browser?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Paul
>
> see this, under KDE: http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs:Most_Annoying_Bugs_11.2
Thanks for the links.
I don't want to install all the gnome stuff so I just wait until
something more rational becomes available. It's not a showstopper :)
Thanks for your help.

Werner Dahn