From: jamm on
Werner wrote:

> On 16/12/09 06:57, jamm wrote:
>> Paul Thompson wrote:
>>
>>> Any ideas on to get Thunderbird 3.0b4 to use Firefox as it's browser?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Paul
>>
>> see this, under KDE: http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs:Most_Annoying_Bugs_11.2
> Thanks for the links.
> I don't want to install all the gnome stuff so I just wait until
> something more rational becomes available. It's not a showstopper :)
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Werner Dahn

I just entered these in console like it says, and the problem is solved. I
didnt need to put it in a startup script:

gconftool-2 -s --type=string /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/command
"/usr/bin/firefox \"%s\""
gconftool-2 -s --type=string /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/command
"/usr/bin/firefox \"%s\""

From: Werner on
On 23/12/09 05:41, jamm wrote:
> Werner wrote:

>>> see this, under KDE: http://en.opensuse.org/Bugs:Most_Annoying_Bugs_11.2
>> Thanks for the links.
>> I don't want to install all the gnome stuff so I just wait until
>> something more rational becomes available. It's not a showstopper :)
>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> Werner Dahn
>
> I just entered these in console like it says, and the problem is solved. I
> didnt need to put it in a startup script:
>
> gconftool-2 -s --type=string /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http/command
> "/usr/bin/firefox \"%s\""
> gconftool-2 -s --type=string /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/https/command
> "/usr/bin/firefox \"%s\""

Yes, that works for me, too. Thanks!
If someone else wants to do it also: mind the line break when you
copy/paste...

Regards
Werner Dahn