From: Dave Jenkins on

"Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

> In article <E88793A6-1F62-4946-8619-2AAA34DED179(a)microsoft.com>, Dave Jenkins
> wrote:
> > I have a set of macros that contains an event handler for the
> > WindowBeforeDoubleClick event. This class method has been working fine in
> > 2003 for a year or so. Today I migrated to Office 2007, and the event
> > doesn't appear to be firing. I have handlers for other events
> > (PresentationClose, PresentationBeforeSave, AfterPresentationOpen, e.g.) and
> > they appear to be operating as they did in the previous version.
> >
> > Is there anything different about the WindowBeforeDoubleClick event in 2007?
> > I need some way to recognize the selection of a shape with a certain tag -
> > if I can't do it with a double-click, can you suggest an alternative that's
> > just as easy on my users?
>
> SelectionChange should do it, though you might need some extra logic to deal
> with what's been selected.

> Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
> PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
> PPTools: www.pptools.com

Thanks, Steve.

I'd already thought of that, but I'm using that event for other purposes
(sensing when a new slide is being viewed in Normal mode) and I didn't want
to fool around with that code. I guess I may have to.

However, that leaves unanswered the more basic question: why don't
WindowBeforeDoubleClick and WindowBeforeRightClock fire? I've read the
documentation on events in 2007, and those events are there, and there's no
verbiage saying anything about them behaving differently. Got any insight
on that issue?
--
Dave Jenkins
K5KX

From: Dave Jenkins on

"Steve Rindsberg" wrote:

> In article <E88793A6-1F62-4946-8619-2AAA34DED179(a)microsoft.com>, Dave Jenkins
> wrote:
> > I have a set of macros that contains an event handler for the
> > WindowBeforeDoubleClick event. This class method has been working fine in
> > 2003 for a year or so. Today I migrated to Office 2007, and the event
> > doesn't appear to be firing. I have handlers for other events
> > (PresentationClose, PresentationBeforeSave, AfterPresentationOpen, e.g.) and
> > they appear to be operating as they did in the previous version.
> >
> > Is there anything different about the WindowBeforeDoubleClick event in 2007?
> > I need some way to recognize the selection of a shape with a certain tag -
> > if I can't do it with a double-click, can you suggest an alternative that's
> > just as easy on my users?
>
> SelectionChange should do it, though you might need some extra logic to deal
> with what's been selected.

Do you mean the WindowSelectionChange event? If so, I'm now using that, and
it's identical code to what I had for the WindowBeforeDoubleClick event
handler. I don't think I knew about that event, so many thanks. (I lied in
my previous response - I was thinking about slide change events.)

One more thing: Was WindowSelectionChange an event that could be handled in
2003? I'm worried now about backward compatibility, since most of my users
are on 2003.

Thanks!
From: Shyam Pillai on
> However, that leaves unanswered the more basic question: why don't
> WindowBeforeDoubleClick and WindowBeforeRightClock fire?
Double-click on shapes doesn't really do anything. Right-click menus cannot
be customized anyways, so I think that may have been left out too.

--
Regards,
Shyam Pillai

Image Importer Wizard
http://skp.mvps.org/iiw.htm

From: Dave Jenkins on
> One more thing: Was WindowSelectionChange an event that could be handled in
> 2003? I'm worried now about backward compatibility, since most of my users
> are on 2003.

For others who may be working in this area, it does appear the
WindowSelectionChange does work in PPT 2003.
From: Steve Rindsberg on

> > SelectionChange should do it, though you might need some extra logic to deal
> > with what's been selected.
>
> Do you mean the WindowSelectionChange event?

Yes ... sorry for the incorrect terminology. Airhead --> Aircode

> If so, I'm now using that, and
> it's identical code to what I had for the WindowBeforeDoubleClick event
> handler. I don't think I knew about that event, so many thanks. (I lied in
> my previous response - I was thinking about slide change events.)
>
> One more thing: Was WindowSelectionChange an event that could be handled in
> 2003? I'm worried now about backward compatibility, since most of my users
> are on 2003.

Yep, it works back to 2000, in fact.

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com