From: "Gregg Hill" greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot on
Well, the trust worked fine going from a computer joined to the 2008 domain
to access the 2000 domain, but going from a computer joined to the 2000
domain to access files on the 2008 server fails and gets a login prompt. I
am fine with that, as I only need to have the new computers access the old
server until I can get all the new ones up and running while we wait for one
last program to be Win 7 64-bit compatible, which should be soon.

So I am good!

Gregg Hill

--
Gregg's pet peeves:

First of all, what does a peeve look like, and why would anyone want one as
a pet?

Peeve #1: Apostrophes: when in doubt, leave them out! You will be correct
more often than not.

Its = Belonging to it. For example, "Look at the sky. Its color is blue."
It's = It is. For example, "It's hot today."
It's = It has. For example, "It's been nice talking to you."
Its' = completely incorrect usage. Stop it!

Peeve #2: Your vs. You're
"Your" means belonging to you, as in, "It's your truck."
"You're" means "You are." Example, you're probably about ready to throttle
me for this peeve!

From: Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT] on
"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in message news:O5YSDrduKHA.796(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Well, the trust worked fine going from a computer joined to the 2008 domain
> to access the 2000 domain, but going from a computer joined to the 2000
> domain to access files on the 2008 server fails and gets a login prompt. I
> am fine with that, as I only need to have the new computers access the old
> server until I can get all the new ones up and running while we wait for one
> last program to be Win 7 64-bit compatible, which should be soon.
>
> So I am good!
>
> Gregg Hill

Hmm, well at least communications is working across the trust. I assume you've cross-added the Domain Admins and Domain Users group to their respective counterparts on the other side and vice-versa?

Ace
From: "Gregg Hill" greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot on
NO. I just left it where the Server 2008 had created the trust between the
two. I never looked to see what it actually did.

From: "Gregg Hill" greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot on
Sorry, not SHOUTING, just fat-fingered the first word!

Gregg

--
Gregg's pet peeves:

First of all, what does a peeve look like, and why would anyone want one as
a pet?

Peeve #1: Apostrophes: when in doubt, leave them out! You will be correct
more often than not.

Its = Belonging to it. For example, "Look at the sky. Its color is blue."
It's = It is. For example, "It's hot today."
It's = It has. For example, "It's been nice talking to you."
Its' = completely incorrect usage. Stop it!

Peeve #2: Your vs. You're
"Your" means belonging to you, as in, "It's your truck."
"You're" means "You are." Example, you're probably about ready to throttle
me for this peeve!

"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in
message news:#QLccl0uKHA.4492(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

From: Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT] on
"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in message news:uZYAvq0uKHA.4908(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Sorry, not SHOUTING, just fat-fingered the first word!
>
> Gregg

I didn't think you were. I do that, too. As for the cross-domain group adds, that's all manual, but I think you already knew that. :)

Ace