From: "Gregg Hill" greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot on
Heck, I haven't done a just since NT 4 about nine years ago...and forget
everything needed!

Gregg

--
Gregg's pet peeves:

First of all, what does a peeve look like, and why would anyone want one as
a pet?

Peeve #1: Apostrophes: when in doubt, leave them out! You will be correct
more often than not.

Its = Belonging to it. For example, "Look at the sky. Its color is blue."
It's = It is. For example, "It's hot today."
It's = It has. For example, "It's been nice talking to you."
Its' = completely incorrect usage. Stop it!

Peeve #2: Your vs. You're
"Your" means belonging to you, as in, "It's your truck."
"You're" means "You are." Example, you're probably about ready to throttle
me for this peeve!

From: "Gregg Hill" greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot on
Well, there I go again! Can't type to save my life!

I meant that I have not done a "trust" in nine years...and "forgot"
everything needed.

Gregg

--
Gregg's pet peeves:

First of all, what does a peeve look like, and why would anyone want one as
a pet?

Peeve #1: Apostrophes: when in doubt, leave them out! You will be correct
more often than not.

Its = Belonging to it. For example, "Look at the sky. Its color is blue."
It's = It is. For example, "It's hot today."
It's = It has. For example, "It's been nice talking to you."
Its' = completely incorrect usage. Stop it!

Peeve #2: Your vs. You're
"Your" means belonging to you, as in, "It's your truck."
"You're" means "You are." Example, you're probably about ready to throttle
me for this peeve!

"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in
message news:#S7ID1#uKHA.3896(a)TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

From: Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT] on
"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in message news:O0lNVjBvKHA.4908(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Well, there I go again! Can't type to save my life!
>
> I meant that I have not done a "trust" in nine years...and "forgot"
> everything needed.
>
> Gregg

Oh, ok. After doing a trust, and it's expected that both sides will be accessing various resources on the other side, including administration, the mindset is to usually add domain1's Domain Administrators group to domain2's domain local Administrators group, and domain1's Domain Users to domain2's domain local Users group, and vice versa.

I hope that helps. :-)

Ace
From: "Gregg Hill" greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot on
Well, the 2008 domain admins and domain users can access the 2000 domain's
resources, but not the other way around. I just assumed it was due to the
2000 having a single-label domain. I'll check the settings on users and
groups next week.

Gregg

From: Ace Fekay [MVP-DS, MCT] on
"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in message news:eYb$HSOvKHA.5980(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Well, the 2008 domain admins and domain users can access the 2000 domain's
> resources, but not the other way around. I just assumed it was due to the
> 2000 having a single-label domain. I'll check the settings on users and
> groups next week.
>
> Gregg

Domain based trusts do not use DNS, so the single lable name wouldn't be the problem. It could be WINS is not setup properly between the two sides? Did you click on Validate trusts to insure the trusts are actually communicating?

Ace