From: Marts on
Rob wrote...

> Don't forget to make a new folder and rename it
>
> "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}"
>
> see what happens.

No thanks...

From: Marts on
Dyna Soar wrote...

> Marts wrote:
> > Rob wrote...
>
> >> Don't forget to make a new folder and rename it
>
> >> "GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}"
>
> >> see what happens.
>
> > No thanks...
>
> Jeeze. mate, sometimes I wonder about you... :-)

You're not alone.

No, I am wary of such things, especially when I haven't had time to research
them.

I shall have a look, possibly on my day off.

Thanks.
From: Marts on
Fred wrote...

> Windows Seven has inbuilt help files which incorporate hot links and wizards
> to guide you through the process.

Yeah, I've been exploring that. For example, I installed some software on the
computer, then deleted it. Later on, I was getting an error message on startup
about a missing DLL file. I Googled it, discovered which program it was, then
decided to go into MSCONFIG to see what was in Startup.

Guess what? Can't find the "Run" command. So, I went to help, typed in RUN and
did a search. One of the first results was "why isn't the Run Command
available". It had a step-by-step guide to reinstating it.

I did so, ran MSCONFIG and removed the offending line(s) from Startup.

Problem solved.