From: Marts on
Can Windows 7 be configured to look like the "classic" Windows, such as what you
can do with XP?

I'm having a play with it at the moment. I'm not that impressed with it. Not
sure if the "improvements" make Windows any easier to use.

From: Stubbo of Oz on
On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:19:09 +1100, Marts <marts(a)ymail.com> wrote:

>Can Windows 7 be configured to look like the "classic" Windows, such as what you
>can do with XP?
>
>I'm having a play with it at the moment. I'm not that impressed with it. Not
>sure if the "improvements" make Windows any easier to use.

I don't know exaclty what parts of Windows you want to make "Classic"
but I am using tools available for free here:-

http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/

A few good tools there.

--
----------------
Stubbo of Oz
From: Rob on
On 22/02/2010 8:19 AM, Marts wrote:
> Can Windows 7 be configured to look like the "classic" Windows, such as what you
> can do with XP?
>
> I'm having a play with it at the moment. I'm not that impressed with it. Not
> sure if the "improvements" make Windows any easier to use.

Don't forget to make a new folder and rename it

"GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}"

see what happens.
From: Rod Speed on
Farts wrote

> Can Windows 7 be configured to look like the "classic"
> Windows, such as what you can do with XP?

> I'm having a play with it at the moment. I'm not that impressed with it.

You always say that about every new OS version.

> Not sure if the "improvements" make Windows any easier to use.

They do anyway.

From: Marts on
Stubbo of Oz wrote...

> I don't know exaclty what parts of Windows you want to make "Classic"
> but I am using tools available for free here:-

Just the way it looks. And how it swaps windows between active tasks.

> http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/
>
> A few good tools there.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Sourceforge has a lot of nifty stuff,
too.